NLU Summer Festival: August 21, 2023 @ Erin Hills

Last summer we played 18 at Lawsonia in the middle of a trip that had 18, 27, or 36 holes every day for like 9 days straight (including three rounds at Erin sandwiched between 36 and 27 hole days) and my biggest regret from the trip is only playing Lawsonia once.

2 Likes

Alright, you guys have me convinced for the full Lawsonia go. I’ll ride, hit some advil Monday, and squeeze every last drop of golf goodness out of this trip. Appreciate you booking the tee’s cbass.
I’ll be driving out Saturday so plenty of time to rest between there and coming home Tuesday.
Probably do some more research on an AirBnB next week, so stay posted if you’re looking to room up for any combination of sat/sun/mon

7 Likes

Love this sentiment. I was going to play this whole thing cautiously given it’s my first NLU event and you are all strangers, but we’re walking the sicko path instead. Snaked the last spot in Cbass’s first foursome, thanks for booking that

5 Likes

I’m arriving Sunday, flying into O’Hare and then driving up from there. I’ll only be able get an afternoon round in that day but I booked a 1 pm foursome on the Links at Lawsonia. If anyone’s timing lines up with that feel free to toss it in the sheet to fill out the group.

Where at? I need to take Sunday off from golf, but would come over there for some drinks and the putting course. I’ll be staying about 3 minutes away.

1 Like

Changing the itinerary to only Sunday night. So I’m in if we get some others. Kettle at sunset sounds pretttty nice.

Staying at the Townplace Suites

1 Like

I live 10 minutes from LLB and would also be interested in joining for a couple LaBelle Lagers

4 Likes

We had a spot open up and I have put the next person in line on the clock! 47:56:00 remaining… tick tock.

10 Likes

I’ll take it

If it’s open haha

2 Likes

This sounds like a party. I’m staying near by and I should be getting in sometime in the afternoon.

1 Like

Woodlands is not a bad course, by any means, but I would certainly play it first and Links second if that option was available. Building the day towards the Links and then finishing golf with this is the ultimate…

It is worth it for the extra golf (Kettle Loop and night putting) that you get, especially if you get the second round 50% discount.

I’m late to the party, but also very interested.

1 Like

Do we know if BMW championship tickets are included in this or not? Forgive me if this has already been answered, but want to buy a ticket this week if not.

2 Likes

Yes, I will email everyone their ticket a few days before the event.

2 Likes

Well, looks like this guy has got the pink pants locked down.

3 Likes

circling back here about lodging.

i’m unsure if sunday is going to be worth it for me. there’s still a cottage available however. passively monitoring.

i’d much rather stay on property monday night, but alas, there’s no availability. feels like 18 holes of golf, plus the kettle loop, plus putting contest and dinner. i would just as well keep golfing or putting and maybe enjoying the other finer things in wisconsin (OF’s and cold beer) and make my way safely to a bed nearby.

that being said, there’s a best western in germantown and also somethin called “penny’s motel” that appears very close. also an airbnb that could fit a gaggle of golfers.

i’m monitoring. if enough of us stay at the best western we could get a shuttle or something.

it also looks like there’s lots of golf available tuesday :eyes:

2 Likes

one fine gentleman offered up his basement too - looks pretty nice and close enough. I have a truck and can fit plenty of clubs - more than happy to drive to the course. May need someone to drive back

That’s me and I’m in now too. Happy to figure something out for whoever needs it. I won’t be drinking either as I’m training for the chicago marathon so happy to DD too

1 Like