NLU Summer Festival: August 21, 2023 @ Erin Hills

Only for sunday night or sunday and monday?

It’s looking like there only availability on Sunday :frowning:

I believe it was mentioned at some point in this thread, but The Delafield Hotel in Delafield is a wonderful option. Walking distance to a couple really good restaurants and some fun bars.

The lobby bar is tremendous and stays open late on the weekends. Our group rented all 38 rooms for 5 nights last July and would definitely do it again.

7 Likes

The restaurant at the hotel is also excellent.

1 Like

Thanks for the recommendation on Delafield. I booked a room there….place looks cool

…I don’t think that’s ever been said about Delafield before.

1 Like

Can someone convince me one way or the other on if playing 36 at Lawsonia on Sunday isn’t a terrible idea that will ruin my ability to enjoy Monday? Super intrigued by @cbass group, but would hate to burn myself out ahead of the main event

1 Like

I’m signed up now but I’ve been thinking that maybe I’ll only play the links in the morning and then relax in the afternoon/evening

1 Like

I figure if I’m traveling all the way out to Wisconsin from DC, I’d like to play more than 23 holes of golf. An extra 18 just isn’t enough.

6 Likes

Erin Hills is more physically demanding than just about anywhere. If you’re in good shape maybe you don’t notice it, but I did what you’re describing last year and afterwards wished I had just done 18 the previous day.

5 Likes

I think this might be my play too, although I dont want to block someone else from catching the full 36 if thats their vibe. As much as I want to get as much living vicariously in as possible, I also recognize I might enjoy myself more if I’m functioning something like normal. Maybe the move is 18 in the morning and a casual 9 somewhere closer to home that evening…

Does this mean I got old?

2 Likes

You can ride the 36 at lawsonia which makes it a lot easier

5 Likes

14 Likes

Haven’t played Erin Hills yet but have played whistling a number of times. How’s it compare - walking wise?

Erin has a lot more elevation change. It seems like you’re walking up to almost every tee box on the property.

7 Likes

So like walking the Irish - that’s such a bad walk. Always walking back to tee boxes and up to elevated plateaus.

Playing EH for the first time this Sunday, probably bad timing to get a decent burn close to my knee then? Will report back how I fair with the hills and hopefully have a nice scouting report for August!

7 Likes

EH is mostly a slow loooong burn up and down.

1 Like

So I need to walk this summer to prep for the weekend. Got it

1 Like

I was a walking scorer for the Mid-Am there last year and just went back and looked at the activity tracked by my phone. It looks like I put on between 6-10 miles and 25 flights of stairs elevation on the days I was out there. (I’m pretty sure the high also included a 9 hole golf league that night)

1 Like