NIT Qualifier: The Skirmish At Sandy Burr 8/28

Glad to see a more “local” event. Sorry I cannot join you as I will also be attending a wedding that weekend

2 Likes

Skip the wedding. People get married all the time.

5 Likes

There is actually an embattled history there. I have it on good authority that the salad dressing people no longer like the restaurant people.

3 Likes

Up to 49 people so far! LFG

4 Likes

50!

1 Like

Really looking forward to this, Sandy Burr is one of my favorites and this will be my first Refuge meet up. Looking forward to meeting you all!

7 Likes

Alright guys, we’ve got 52 people signed up, which is amazing. Going to close signups in 2 weeks so we can start to focus on planning. So if you’re on the fence about adding your name to the list, now is the time. After 5/7 we can start an alternates list.

9 Likes

Will sign up today! Thanks

3 Likes

Never done one of these before but want to play. I just threw my name on the sheet. Anything else for me to do?

3 Likes

Played Sandy yesterday. Course is in great shape, my game is not. We love it!

Nope, for now you are all set. I will send out an email once we dial in final costs and have it due a couple weeks before the tournament.

2 Likes

What are the chances of getting in off of the alternates list? Bummed I didn’t sign up quick enough but here’s to hoping! Crack on

There is usually about a 10% attrition rate, so probably pretty good shot on getting in being 2nd on the alternate list.

2 Likes

Played Sandy yesterday. Course is in fantastic shape and greens are pppuuuurrrreeee. Really looking forward to this.

3 Likes

Anybody traveling and making a weekend out of this? I’ll probably drive down Friday around noon and spend Friday and Saturday nights there. I’ll probably try to play all 3 days, anyone else thinking something similar?

1 Like

Very late to the game and now 9th on the alternate list, but this sounds like an awesome event and benefitting a great cause.

1 Like

For folks on the alternate list (and those playing in the Skirmish) there is an event in Hartford on the 14th.

2 Likes

It pains me to write this but unfortunately, something came up on my calendar and I won’t be able to attend this. I removed myself from the Google doc. Luckily it looks as if there are plenty of alternates ready to take my spot! haha

1 Like

Really sorry you can’t make it!

Hi Everybody,

Sorry things have been a little quiet around these parts but we’re a month out for the Skirmish at Sandy Burr, which means it is time to get excited. A few updates.

Here is the logo for the event.

Trying to get a Printify store (for those of you who attended Chasing the Sunset, it is the same site the Boston Golf and Social guys used) set up but the first couple samples I ordered were delayed due to supply chain issues (watch the chokepoints!). Hopefully I will have it set up by the end of the week so if you want to buy a shirt to commemorate the event and send a little more money towards the Confetti Foundation you will be able to do that. Let me know if you have any specific items in mind and I will try and get them set up in the store.

It’s going to be $125 per person, includes lunch, swag bag, tee time and donation to the Confetti foundation, due by August 14. Venmo (@Tom-Rakauskas) would be the easiest but if you are technology-averse let me know and we will figure something out.

Pairings: by capping it at 60 golfers we maintained a block of tee times going off #1 starting at 10:30 versus a shotgun start. Going to start working on pairings in the next couple of days, so if any of you have preferred groupings or have side matches set up let me know and I will make sure you end up in the same group.

Can’t wait to see you all!

7 Likes