NIT Qualifier: The Skirmish At Sandy Burr 8/28

It is with measured regret that I must withdraw my name from the skirmish. I was so looking forward to to meeting you all and to a fun day of golf, but life happens, and to paraphrase one Will Hunting, I gotta go to Maine to see about a girl.

I will remove myself from the Google doc.

1 Like

Sadly I will also have to gracefully bow out. Name removed. Fingers crossed for next year!

1 Like

Unfortunately I can’t make the timing work to travel to Mass for the event so I will not be able to attend. Super bummed but hopefully I will play with some of you all in the future when I’m back in the Northeast!

Unfortunately I also have to bow out…Family conflict just popped up. I deleted my name from the spreadsheet. Enjoy the day lads!

Whenever I get a message like this I realize we need something besides a like button. Like a “Sorry to hear that” button. Anyway, hopefully you guys will be able to participate next year!

2 Likes

Played the burr front 9 this am, course is in pretty good shape considering all the rain. Hole 7 is interesting…… 2/3 of the “fairway” is GUP, looks like it was a swamp.

Hopefully a few more weeks will dry it out.

1 Like

That is the hope. Hottest June followed by wettest July. Fingers crossed that means it is all out of the way and the rest of August brings nothing but good weather!

at least on 12 the water only almost reaches the green

3 Likes

I’ve been waiting decades for Sandy Burr to dry out.

7 Likes

Good morning guis,

Sent this out as an email but wanted to post here just in case.

We are less than 2 weeks from the Skirmish at Sandy Burr and things are moving quickly. Some updates:

Merch: The merch store is open! At the moment it is just hats, t-shirts and bag tags because I want to have samples in hand before I put them in the store to check the quality. Hopefully I will add more this week. I will bring what I have to the Skirmish if you want to check it out before ordering and the store will be open for a couple days after the tournament. Also, printify has a pretty thorough catalog of items so if there is anything you would like me to slap a logo on, let me know. All proceeds go to the Confetti Foundation.

Cards: A reminder

I will also be collecting cards for the Confetti Foundation at the event. A few guidelines if you want to make and not buy: Make sure they say Happy Birthday, no envelopes, sign with your first name and city or state (the cards are mixed up and shipped all over the country), no religious messages and DO NOT WRITE GET WELL (this is all about trying to make kids forget they are in the hospital for a little bit). Other than that, get creative and have some fun.

Handicaps: We will be playing gross stableford quota. I will get into that more next update but what it means is I will be locking in your handicaps as of next Monday, so please make sure you have entered the latest scores you have into whatever scoring system you are using so I have the most up-to-date information.

Payment: Still missing payment from several of you. I am going to need that by the end of the week or else I will be forced to cancel some of the tee times. Remember you can Venmo me @Tom-Rakauskas. Cost is $125 and in case the app needs it, the last four of my phone is 0468.

Players: We have, unfortunately, had some people who will no longer be able to join us. But, looking at this glass half-full, it means there are now openings for new people. So, if you have any non-Nest friends who would like to come out, support an awesome charity and meet some truly wonderful people, they are more than welcome. If a non-Nest member should win the Skirmish they will be offered the chance to join the Nest. If they decline, they will still be Skirmish champion and the NIT spot will go to the first eligible Nest member. Just add their info to the sheet and forward them this email.

The Skirmish at Sandy Burr

I think that is all for now but if you have any questions do not hesitate to reach out.

7 Likes

Thanks for organizing all of this, really looking forward to next weekend!

3 Likes

Looking forward to it folks!

4 Likes

Anyone traveling in from out of town or have suggestions on decent hotels near the course?

Finalizing the menu with Sandy Burr Monday. Please let me know if any of you guis have a food allergy I need to make them aware of.

2 Likes

If you want to stay near Sandy Burr your best bet is probably in Waltham. I can’t speak to how the hotels are though. The course is west of Boston. Probably looking at a 40ish minute ride from the city to the course. Do with this information what you will.

1 Like

1 Like

Not gonna give away the whole swag bag but….

11 Likes

Waltham/natick/Framingham are going to be the closest. plenty of hotel options

1 Like

The Hampton Inn in Waltham ain’t bad (we used to put our out-of-town folks up there and there weren’t complaints, at least).

2 Likes

When do you think we’ll know tee times @TheMassHacker?

2 Likes