NIT Local Qualifier: Jax Beach (June 25th - REGISTRATION IS OPEN)

Following this as well…

1 Like

Can we get some live tracking?? What reporters are out there today? Monday Q info on the scene??

4 Likes

Guis, apologize for the lack of updates out there. That was the hottest round of golf I’ve played in a decade.

Will let @PGA_ALLTHEWAY & @Hwhite chime in, but let’s just say there were some fireworks!

8 Likes

Fireworks indeed

4 Likes

Oh, FFS.

10 Likes

Release the transcripts leaderboard!!

You know golf genius can be set to let the public see, right?

4 Likes

I had the pleasure of playing with @Tron today, unfortunately I am braving 295 traffic right now, but get your fucking popcorn ready boys because I have a story for you!!!
Stay tuned…

8 Likes

First and foremost, playing with @Tron was an absolute blast never seeing the course before he really took the time navigating me around.
After watching the lefty challenge video my expectations of his game were incredible low and boy did he surprise me. He got off most of the tees in good shape and hit some really solid iron shots he even roped a draw around a tree onto the green. His chipping was really really solid and he rolled it well. I think once his long game gets some speed he will really start posting some low numbers. I’m a club pro that unfortunately didn’t bring his A game today, thicc boys have no business pushing in this heat, and @Tron was is striking distance of me. He shot a 93 leaving A LOT of shots out there.

14 Likes

Shoutout to all the guys that came out today, it was a ton of fun meeting everyone and I strongly encourage all of you to attend any event you can.

11 Likes

FOLKS,

Thanks so much to everyone who came out today! It’s been a while and it was a great reminder of how fun these things are.

22 Likes

Was great meeting some new guise, watching the DJ stripe show, and roasting a couple.

Speaking of roasting, I’m typing this post from the afterlife. We lost me. I’m gone.

10 Likes

Where’s the final leaderboard? The lack of IG updates is borderline criminal

watch out.

Talk us through this shot, @Tron . Any doubt in your mind of stepping into that pond? How many swipes at the grass did you make to check for animals?
1 Like

Apologies if I’m scorecard doxxing anyone…

Lots of locals/non-Nest members in there, so I’m not sure how deep the NIT qualifiers go (… but I know @Tron and I are each mulling our TWO exemptions…)

17 Likes

@Hwhitegross?

giphy

6 Likes

I’d be down for teaming up with @Hwhite to take on the Schuster boys in a net stableford event.

3 Likes

Yes, that was gross.

2 Likes

I mean, in the spirit of the full Chase Koepka…feel free to award me a spot in the NIT for taking one for the team and staying home.

God I’m so bummed I missed this. There are few things I love like a soul-destroyingly hot round of golf in North Florida. I can picture 12-year old me hauling a Ping L8 across creation, cotton shirt stuck to my neck, counting the holes to the next water station. Next time. Next time.

Jax Beach will always hold a special place in my heart from a Pro-Jr. I played there around 2000 back when Boots Farley was still the pro. The 2nd Assistant Pro took us up in his Ford Explorer with a 15-inch subwoofer in the back. I can still hear “Kryptonite” blaring on the way home as he drove with his Oakley M-Frames on and his Titleist hat on backwards. Those were the days…

14 Likes

Good ol’ Boots. His son Hayes is a great teacher out at Dan Carraher’s shop in South Hampton.

1 Like