NIT (Jax Beach, FL): 2021, Nov. 4-7 - Lauren Walks Away Champ Of The Great NIT Tough Scene Bowl

Always dreamed of watching a pro play for something up close and personal - walking the fairway with them and seeing how they do their thing. Well, not only did we get to do that this weekend, but we got to see her in exceptional form right before Mondaying into the biggest/best tour in the world. What a treat @LPondgolf. So freaking awesome.

49 Likes

It’s obvious that @Tron is just trolling, since he knows damn well that was me.

There’s only one #pitboss around these parts

12 Likes

Huge shoutout to everyone this weekend from @Privatecollection to the entire NLU crew @Randy @MerchCzar @Tron @Soly @djpie First class event with worst class conditions and you all made the absolute best out of it. Thank you to everyone for welcoming not only myself, but my wife and son as well. I cannot thank you all enough for your hospitality and kindness. My doors are always open to each of you if you ever find yourselves in Sarasota. Thanks to @Fluff for respecting the hell out of the game on Friday. Thanks to @OTPLefty for the nonstop humor. And shoutout to @RonniepND for being a great cartner. Kudos to @LPondgolf for showing up and showing out not only this weekend, but carrying the big MO into this week at Pelican! I know I said it in the WhatsApp chat, please let us know if we need to bring the refuge to Pelican this weekend.

Look forward to hosting more of yall in the near future at Sara Bay. Thanks again for a great weekend.

18 Likes

And shoutout @sundaybag & @Cody . Damn post wouldn’t let me tag yall.

8 Likes

Damnit. @Fluff was supposed to point you out to me and he didn’t. Real jerk. Next time!

7 Likes

I thought I saw you talking to Tron on Thursday night but didn’t want to interrupt. You’ll just have to come south my friend!

4 Likes

That was Floof. Did not respect the game

10 Likes

That guy is a menace

3 Likes

I bet Floof flouts it though

3 Likes

We had ascended. It’s fine.

3 Likes

Hey y’all. I made it safely back to the Great White North. Wanted to get in a quick post to thank everyone for having me down to the NIT 2.0. I had a blast! Thanks to the whole NLU Crew @Soly @djpie @Tron @Randy @MerchCzar for putting this event on. Its great to meet the guys in person and see that their fame has not gone to their heads, they are all regular golf sickos like us! Clearly @Privatecollection had everything organized, professional and coordintated and made all the right calls when faced with #toughconditties #cartbarn It honestly felt like a friggin hurricane out there! Shout out to the mudder crew, what a blast that was!

It was great to meet so many other Rufugees and fellow golf sickos. Super pumped that I was able to play a couple of good holes at the right time, to get to playoff and was able to play with @LPondgolf, a real LPGA pro and was able to put the pressure on her to perform :wink: For anyone who didn’t walk with our group, she is the real deal and I knew it was over for me when she hit her tee ball on 17!! Congrats Lauren. Honoured to have played with @sundaybag on Friday and to have him as my caddie for the playoff (we were so close Ben!)

Also, thanks for the training sessions on 654, I look forward to introducing that to my local golf sickos! Looks like a great member/guest postgame!!

Please reach out if any of you are in the Toronto area, I would happily host any of you at my club which is 1 hour from the airport. Also, we’d love to have any of you to the Tussle at Tarandowah 2022, our Canadian NIT qualifier event! Borders are open so come see us! NLU crew, we’re looking at you all as well. we need you to come visit us next year!!

Excited to come back next year, and represent Team Canada next year!

jimmay / Andrew

44 Likes

Bar is open! LFG!

5 Likes

Low Am is nothing to sneeze at! Knew you had this thing after playing with you Friday. Let’s run it back next year!

14 Likes

Yeah baby! Practice sessions up north in 2022!!

5 Likes

As I sit here and look back at the last year and a half, i think about all of the fortunate circumstances that i have come across. First, getting randomly paired with @Double_Bogey_Dave and striking up a conversation that led to my joining the refuge. From there, joining what’s now known as the CLC and meeting a ton of awesome guys (and playing a lot of golf). And ultimately playing well enough on a crazy NYE day to qualify to go to the NIT.

Making the pilgrimage to Jax took some convincing with the wife, but man if it didn’t work out. Putting faces to names, playing with the @MerchCzar, and ultimately winning my flight. Couldn’t have gone better given the circumstances. I will note that my inlaws were disappointed that there wasn’t TV coverage of the event (a very endearing conversation).

In the end, I am thankful for this community and all of the great people that make it what it is. Thanks @Privatecollection for putting on a great event. Let’s run it back in a year.

Also, let’s see how long the Mrs lets this stay out

41 Likes

That was a heck of a round you had in the rain on Saturday, @pluds26. Legitimately fun to watch.

5 Likes

NIT Lurker here and definitely jealous of the weekend everyone had.

But selfishly…could we get a quick rundown synopis of 6-5-4 and please tell me its easier to follow than wolfhammer!

1 Like

You get 3 rolls of 5 die. Goal is to get a 6, a 5, and a 4 in that order. After that the combined score on the remaining 2 die is your score. Goal is to get highest number.

Example time:

Player 1 - 1st roll is 6-2–3-6-1; one of the 6’s is removed.
2nd roll is 5-4-1-3; he/she has now satisfied the “5” and the “4” requirements and their score is 4 (1+3).
They can now choose to roll the remaining 2 die and get a higher score or keep their 4, which only a moron would do since 4 is a terrible score. Strategy gets a little less/more obvious depending on number of people playing - see @NightTrainLane ’s “8” as the first player while seated with 20 other rollers, much to @anon47037505 ‘s disbelief and chastisement.

If 2 players tie with the high score, the round is wiped and everyone doubles their bets.

Clear? I myself just learned it as well, so probably shouldn’t have wasted your time and let someone else handle it.

25 Likes

Have found a suitable spot for the NIT pin flag…I’ll follow later this week with a deeper and now obligatory deep reflection on the NIT as a whole.

22 Likes

Almost crystal….but hows the action work? One standard ante for everyone’s roll winner takes the pot?

1 Like