NIT (Jax Beach, FL): 2021, Nov. 4-7 - Lauren Walks Away Champ Of The Great NIT Tough Scene Bowl

You want to know the worst part @catshannon ?

I was so flustered by my first 3 putts I actually picked up my bogey putt thinking it was for double. Holing that putt would have gotten me in.

Do I think about that hole multiple times a week? Who could say?

Me. I could say. Yes. Yes I do.

Edit: that’s still probably the best 4iron I’ve ever hit in my life.

14 Likes

Wow. I didn’t realize that picking up that putt caused you to miss out :grimacing:

Glad you are coming!

1 Like

We talking about putts that haunt us at Chambers?

2 Likes

Please, no.

3 Likes

Plane tickets to jax beach were super cheap. Something strange going on in Florida to make people not want to fly there rn?

Is there any special procedure to flying with a travel golf bag (on AA)? Or do I just check the bag like normal luggage?

1 Like

@smithburger, isn’t that your caddy’s concern? Aren’t they supposed to do things like that?

@JohnP, your thoughts?

2 Likes

Check it like regular baggage. I’d recommend a stiff arm - that sits above the clubs and is supposed to protect from impact. I’d also wrap the rest of the clubheads in your golf towels. I’ve never had an issue with AA other than them not making it onto the same flight from Heathrow to Edinburgh.

4 Likes

For sure my wife caddy will be doing all the physical labor.

2 Likes

So just like @JohnP!

1 Like

For real question I guess are we allowed to have caddies? If my wife wanted to hang and push the cart around for 18?

Follow up question will NLU be providing daycare services for wags and habs?

1 Like

¯_(ツ)_/¯

I know @JamesHCard and @LukeBoatright have been fighting over who is going to be on my bag come Saturday though. I am sure your bride can push your cart for you.

Not an official answer by any means but last year caddies were just a thing for the final round with the flight winners, not an all weekend thing, and it was Refugees (or members of NLU proper) carrying for other Refugees.

From what I’ve been hearing, we’ll still be limited on the non-playing outside people that will be around thanks to necessary [waves at Florida as a virus-filled state] safety measures.

Edit: For some marriage points, you might want to look at sending your wife to the Ponte Vedra Inn & Club Spa.

5 Likes

@smithburger Let me know if you want some sample itineraries for your wife. If you’re staying at the beach there’s quite a bit on the nature side as well as some good outdoor dining options up and down the coast.

And if your wife is dead set on pushing your golf clubs around I would like to congratulate you on marrying a unicorn.

1 Like

A Pegasus would be better for carrying clubs, no?

3 Likes

You can hang a NLU towel from the horn of a unicorn. Can’t do that on a Pegasus!

2 Likes

Listen, the caddy is responsible for the golf bag only once it arrives on site, and will remain responsible for the bag until the scorecard is officially signed following the final round (not to bring up a sore subject :roll_eyes:)

Anytime before or after these defined times, your on your own

6 Likes

She will be sitting at the beach reading many books and sipping adult beverages. Was mostly just curious. Thanks!

1 Like

If you want to stay married, don’t have your wife caddy for you. That’s my advice :grimacing:

25 Likes

considering ive caddied for you maybe 15-20 times now, are you saying I need to seek out an attorney? @anon47037505 please help

18 Likes

@anon47037505 work for Cordell & Cordell?