New England: Cape Arundel on October 3 - CHARITY UPDATE POST 156

Played Webhanet last week in the mid-am. Firm and fast greens/fairways that you dream about. Haven’t played Cape Arundel this year, but I assume it’s in similar shape. You all are in for a treat! Wish I could make it.

2 Likes

First refuge event for this noob at a gem of a course. First time at CA - couldn’t ask for more!

1 Like

Hell yes let’s go!!! I’m doing the same, shooting for a 450ish leave time. Gonna whip up a breakfast sandwich and coffee the night before. The other thing that’s wild is it’s gonna be 42 degrees when we tee off, and supposed to get to 68 around 3 PM… that’s two entirely different outfits from stem to stern

1 Like

Drive 130 miles Mass to Naples Friday night. Drive 50 miles each way to CA and back Saturday. Drive 130 miles back to Mass Sunday morning.

2 Likes

There is always a way to fix that and I know from the Roast my swing feed you love cargo:

3 Likes

LET’S GO!

Just FYI, I called but was told that there are no earlier times,. But since the foursome that moved up was at the 10:50 time, I have adjusted tee times so everyone goes off a little earlier than before EXCEPT for the 12:30 crew that includes those playing Web. The google sheet in post 45 is updated now with proper tee times. Everyone can pay for themselves at the course.

Everyone is ok with playing the opening 18 at quota, right? I have a couple of prizes I will donate to the cause. What’s the best way to collect for the charity – direct donations, aggregating them at one VenMo/PayPal, etc?

4 Likes

Quota is fine. Do we have a charity picked?

This would be a crime against golf, the Refuge, @tron’s new baby, and the state of Maine.

Actually I take that last part back. Mainers love their cargo.

2 Likes

We’d discussed the Barbara Bush Children’s hospital.

2 Likes

Double outfit would be huge for such a long day. I might even pack three so that I have options. I’m already looking forward to the coffee that morning.

1 Like

Super excited. Jealous of those able to make it to Web. Would’ve been just too long of a trip for me. Hopefully can make it back there eventually.

1 Like

If these has pockets on the lower leg as well I’d be sold. Not enough pockets for me.

1 Like

There may be pockets inside the pockets.

That would be fine, I’ve added them to my cart

Does the one who fulfills the highest quota get promoted to the sales team?

1 Like

You get a nice set of steak knives.

1 Like

@CG2 if for some reason a spot opens up for Webhannet, I would love to jump on it!

Very excited to get out to CA with you guys!

I love the Webhannet interest! As of right now, the spot is filled but I would be down to have you and anyone else interested out at some point. It likely won’t be till next spring/summer since there are only a few more weeks left before the course closes for the season.

Maybe @gce85 and I can put together an outing for folks looking to do the Web/Arundel doubleheader.

Saturday can’t come soon enough!

2 Likes

Quota works for me. And I’ll do whatever is easiest for charitable donations… Venmo, direct, whatever works. Just excited to meet everyone and have a good time at CA!

Real bummed I can’t make it to Cape Arundel with you all but Webhannet is gonna be great.

And to continue the Mainer banter I hope to see some pics of Refugees eating red hot dogs and drinking Moxie on the course.