New England: Cape Arundel on October 3 - CHARITY UPDATE POST 156

I am tied up with work this morning but will throw out some helpful tips this afternoon for those unfamiliar with the area. Sixteen players is not bad on short notice. Cannot wait!

1 Like

Anybody else in the 10:50 or 11:20 down to play more than 18? @bjennings210 @Hench @DSamuell @FringeLife @BurnCh15 @ohnolan @Goose

Sure

I have my fiancĆ©e going up with me, staying by herself in Ogunquit with our dog while Iā€™m at CA. I canā€™t 100% commit to a second loop right now. Iā€™m definitely down to do so or at least an additional 9, but would depend on the pace of the first 18.

Iā€™ll play a second loop for sure

Iā€™m hoping to. Will depend on temperature at the home front.

Iā€™m in

Yes definitely plan on getting additional holes in. Think thereā€™s a good chunk of folks who plan to

Yep absolutely in, canā€™t say no to a free replay rate!

A handful of CA photos before tomorrow. LFG!

8 Likes

#8 pin up on that top shelf makes for a fun time.

The club championship took place on the day I visited. Pin placements were all a fun time.

A couple photos from last month.

3 Likes

Late breaking question but anybody want a cigar for tomorrow? Heading to the smoke shop now. I guess it only works for my 12:30 group or anybody getting another loop in - could leave it in a conspicuous bunker or something on my first trip around :rofl:

Iā€™d burn one!

1 Like

Iā€™ll bring up a few remaining cans of Treehouse as well. Will trade for points off quota

5 Likes

There a good place to get lobster rolls nearby? Will need to pick one up on the way home

1 Like

Yes. I will post a visitorā€™s guide tonight.

1 Like

My only tip is as follows: Donā€™t fuck with those pin placements, just aim at the center of the green.

I will also be bringing some (domestic) beers if anyone wants one.

3 Likes

Hope itā€™s alright if I give my two cents even though I wonā€™t be there - I played at UNE right next door in Biddeford and CA was our home course.

Definitely agree with just playing to the center of the green. Even though the course is under 6000 yards and par 69, lots of mounds and smaller greens can eat you up if the pins are put in tough spots (front left on 6, top shelf on 8, top shelf on 10 just to name a few). If you hit the ball far, you can definitely have a go at 2, 5, 11, and 17. Some cool holes that cross the main road leading to the clubhouse. There arenā€™t many trees, so tee balls off-line are easily recoverable. If I had to pick a favorite hole, Iā€™d say itā€™s a tie between 6 and 17.

Really hope you guys enjoy, October was my favorite time of year to play there. Bummed I canā€™t make it up from NY but itā€™s a great track nonetheless. Some awesome history there with the Bush family.

2 Likes