New England: Cape Arundel on October 3 - CHARITY UPDATE POST 156

As mentioned in some of the NE threads,I am coordinating an informal refuge meetup for anyone who wants to play Cape Arundel in Kennebunkport, ME on October 3 (rain date of October 4). In order to book advance tee times I need to commit to (and pay in advance for) at least 16 players. So sign up now and if we get enough firm commitments I will make the reservation. According to their website, the fall rate should be $55 per person – but please expect to bring at least $20 additional dollars for a potential charity donation, in the spirit of other meetups.

PLEASE NOTE: Maine currently allows out-of-town golfers from NH, VT, CT, MA, NJ and NY. Otherwise you need a negative COVID test within the 72 hours preceding your arrival in Vacationland.

Post in this thread if you are can satisfy the rules and are willing to commit to a weekend round on Oct. 3 or 4. I have tagged folks who have indicated interest in other forums.

@DSamuell @NotTheRealTW @btmorse27 @FringeLife @elzornado @RobbieVogel @btmorse27 @Hench @jlbeer8 @JShaw @I-am-Skew

5 Likes

Everyone always forgets about Rhode Island, the Calamari comeback state!

1 Like

True. Rhodies are of course invited but are not exempted from the COVID test requirement.

Count me in. Getting tested isn’t an issue. Can’t wait!

Great stuff. Wish I could make it for this - such a cool place. Hopefully the weather holds!

6 Likes

Massachusetts restriction lifted!!

5 Likes

With the MA restrictions lifted, I am very much in now

1 Like

In if on Sunday - if not keep me in the loop for the next one! Great to see so much interest

I’m in for the 3rd, looking forward to playing CA

Was fortunate enough to call Cape my home course during college. Hope you guys enjoy it. Always beautiful this time of year!

1 Like

I’m definitely in

Not playing but just here to say I played it a few years ago and one of the most fun rounds of golf I have played. Amazing setting and in a non covid time hanging out on that porch seems like a great way to spend the afternoon. Enjoy!

I am in for this!

In true RI fashion…that’s like a three hour drive. It might as well be in Canada… I will need to pack at least two snacks and more likely than not, stop no less than four times.

Does that mean you’re in?

Would like to be. Have to check with the CEO at home on that one. I will DM you @Goose

1 Like

In for the 4th, could do afternoon on the 3rd

HAYYYYYYYL yeah.

Will get back to you ASAP once the lady of the manor responds. She’s currently teaching America’s youth. Via zoom. From her classroom. While they’re at home. Weird times.

4 Likes

I am in

1 Like

I would absolutely love to join up but we have our 13th annual college buddies golf tournament that very same day up at Spring Meadows (quick side note - my best friend from college/tournament partner grew up in Kennebunk and his younger brother was George H.W. Bush’s regular caddie at Cape Arundel).

Have a great time everyone and count me in for the next one!