Nest Invitational Tournament aka NIT - Viiibbiiinnnggg

This is when the beers taste the best.

1 Like

I gotta back my guy @djpie Jax Beach is sneaky hard, first time I played it with @Tron the paspalum wall to wall really gets into your head plus there is nowhere to miss around the greens. A decent round can get away from you real quick.

3 Likes

ITT: Guy who could not possibly compete if this were a gross competition complains about it being a net competition that favors a player like him.

1 Like

I think a lot of this conversation would go away if quota was played at 90% of your cap (I think USGA recommends 95% for normal stableford scoring)

1 Like

Well, your take based on hypothetical eagles and birdies isn’t holding water against the actual results and if @LukeBoatright’s inability to make a putt is your proof of anything…buddy…That’s every guy in every tournament that doesn’t do well. Nobody ever says “Yep, 4th in my flight. I putted great.” You said the format favors “birdies and eagles” but the results from an event with 88 players show it doesn’t.

I feel this in my soul.

2 Likes

YEP

7 Likes

Guy who qualifies legitimately gets criticized by a man who threatened a lawsuit if he wasn’t granted an exemption.

1 Like

Make a t-shirt.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I felt for you honestly because you were so proud in your personalized jersey

4 Likes

If the goal is to make it certain the finals are occupied solely by low handicaps, sure. But there was a good mix of low, mid, and high caps in the finals. It worked out fine, largely thanks to the wind.

4 Likes

Flights are really neat, @anon47037505. Look into it.

I think there were 2 single digit caps in the championship and 4 (I think) who were 20+. I’m too lazy to go look at what the representation was as it relates to percentages of the entire field, but I’d assume there were not 2x more players with 20+ indexes vs single digits.

Edit: to be clear, I did not play well enough to win my flight. Take nothing away from those who did, I just think saying quota favors low cap players is wrong

2 Likes

Why bother @anon47037505 with facts? He has no time for them.

Well, there were only 6 players who were over their quota for the week. Four of them were single digit caps.

And the course HCPs of the finalists:

The mix of finalists was fine. If there’s anything to “complain” about it’s the random bunching of players who played well being in the same group (Spencer Levin). Rub of the green. Their consolation is they won the team title.

7 Likes

Flight it and then there are zero complaints. You get representation across all caps in the finals and let them all duke it out in the championship. I don’t see any downside in that approach.

Well, there shouldn’t be any complaints at all. It’s kind of pathetic.

8 Likes

My sources are telling me they can neither confirm or deny the existence of an ongoing investigation regarding collusion of the grouping.

This is a developing situation and we will be sure to deliver more information as it becomes available.

7 Likes

Are you saying we cheated? Lol