Nest Invitational Tournament aka NIT - Viiibbiiinnnggg

How about them Gators?

2 Likes

Iā€™m flying in/out of Orlando and driving to Jax so that I can get a direct flight and avoid extra legs/layover time in an airport. Iā€™ll be bubble boy whenever Iā€™m not swinging a club.

1 Like

Bottom line: Weā€™re all going to have an awesome time. Sweetens was an amazing event and the NLU guys did a FANTASTIC job to make sure everyone had an amazing time. Itā€™s something I will remember for the rest of my life. Being able to see old friends from San Antonio/Nebraska Duel (shoutout @BaxterMSP @DuckDuckHook @anon47037505 who i look forward to seeing again in November!) and meeting new guis from The Refuge Wine Society was unbelievable.

On that note, I look forward to seeing everyone in Jacksonville! There are so many of you who will be there from San Antonio and the Nebraska Duel, in addition to so many of you that I have yet to meet. I look forward to that! I know that Iā€™ve done everything I can to take care of myself. I trust that everyone does the same thing. However, I also trust the NLU guys IMPLICITLY and know that they have our best interests in mind - including health, fun, attitude and building of friendships. The guys have done an incredible job with preparations. Erin (@Privatecollection) will do another incredible job like she did with Sweetens.

Anyone who thinks that they donā€™t know what theyā€™re doing, hasnā€™t seen first hand what these guis are doing to prepare for these events - including us, themselves and the fine line of their own health and the health of their loved ones.

I look forward to seeing each and every one of you, and will completely respect your plan for your own well-being. I personally feel that no one will be a scumbag and put the health of others at risk. Let us be who we are and let us as individuals do what we think is right. I think its safe to say that we all know how to take care of each other and us as individuals.

CC: @Tron @Soly @MerchCzar @Randy @djpie @sundaybag

8 Likes

Lots of really good tips here but donā€™t forget to social distance at the actual event as well.

1 Like

Sheeeeeeeeit. I sure donā€™t!

Nobody knows what theyā€™re doing! Itā€™s a novel virus!

3 Likes

Soooo we just not gonna talk about how someone got/had COVID at or immediately after the Sweetens eventā€¦?

1 Like

I wasnā€™t there. For HIPAA reasons Iā€™ll wait before commenting.

1 Like

Thanks Laz

1 Like

ā€œAll I ate was a sandwich. The only thing I touched was a head cover. Come to think of itā€¦ā€

If 100 people are getting together from around the country just assume someone has it and take precautions for yourself.

(So inappropriate. Sorry.)

As with all sports health related stories, Iā€™m just a reporter so Iā€™m not bound by HIPAA.

1 Like

Well, to @anon24718094 implicit trust point, I donā€™t implicitly trust anyone with health concerns. Not even my doctor. If I get to my golf cart and (letā€™s just throw a crazy hypothetical out there) letā€™s say @tron is wiping down the cart with vinegar and says something like ā€œMy Swedish grandmother-in-law says vinegar kills everything.ā€ Iā€™m breaking out my alcohol wipes (see ā€œTravel Tipsā€ above) because, while Iā€™m sure the Swedish Grandmother knows more than me, I know FOR SURE alcohol is the way to go in that vignette. So, do I trust the Kill House Five? Sure! But not implicitly with health matters. Iā€™ll look to myself and CDC guidelines for that.

I trust Delta Air Lines. I still wipe the shit out of the seat, the tray, the arm rest- all of it.

Iā€™m going to be there
Iā€™ll follow all the rules
Iā€™m going to be responsible
Iā€™m wearing masks (and scarves when it feels right)
I carry hand sany, alcohol wipes
I wash my hands

Someone might have been sick when they got to Sweetens. Nobody got sick at Sweetens, right? That actually is quite an accomplishment when you think about it.

3 Likes

A couple of things

We are living through a pandemic. We take on some risk everytime we leave our house. Itā€™s a fact of life in 2020.

We can do things to minimize risk. Playing golf in itself is a low risk activity. This virus spreads mostly via the air, so indoor activities are inherently risky. We will be outside.

There are a number of things that have been and will be done to minimize risk.

Each person needs to be respectful of themselves and others when it comes to interactions with others. Follow best practices and if you donā€™t feel good, stay home.

At the end of the day, itā€™s up to each of us to use good judgement.

8 Likes

1 Like

FTFY

4 Likes

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

Mississippi St btw. Damn.

2 Likes

Manā€¦shenanigans sure look different these days.

Fer shure, I wonā€™t fall for Bill Gates mind control nonsense either.