Music Suggestions 2 - driving fast in my car

I’ve found my people @Pendo23. I’ve seen them in concert three times, they’re the fucking best.

2 Likes

Official anthem for my fellow accountants. Good thing I ain’t in public!
https://youtu.be/37YDcIQABEs

First full album release from my former student

Appreciate everyone giving it a listen!

3 Likes

What a great recommendation. Listened to the full album " Expert in A Dying Field" on the commute today

2 Likes

Sent my cinephile/college radio DJ daughter this one last night

6 Likes

This is like girl Frank Turner. I love it.

Went to see Billy Idol at the Mission Ballroom in Denver. All the hits. Steve Stevens was phenomenal.

5 Likes

@el_pato_real I am a big indie rock gui and the Beths are all over my spotify playlists rn. Great rec!

Also, I love when bands try a new sound thats way different. Cool to see bands go full creative mode. This is way louder/more alt than their normal sound and it rocks

4 Likes

This album slaps

Curious, seems like slight majority of posts are rock-adjacent here. What genres of music do you listen to, lets say at least 1x per week? Select as many as you want.

• Pop
  • Rock
  • Hip Hop
  • Electronic
  • Blues/R&B
  • Country
  • Metal
  • Classical
  • Dense/butthurt

0 voters

2 Likes

I almost clicked country, but really what I listen to more is specifically “alt-country” or “Americana” - and Indie/“college radio” stuff.

12 Likes

I think we could pretty easily make a poll with like 30+ genres if we tried. So much good music out there

1 Like

The Paste Magazine genre

1 Like

We got above 50 degrees in MN today.

5 Likes

Jazz, tons of Jazz. Bill Evans, Chet Baker, Miles, Thelonious, etc

2 Likes

Would love to hear some of this if you don’t mind recommending some artists.

Isbell, drive by truckers, old 97s, the hold steady, jimmy eat world, Manchester orchestra, spoon, Portugal. The Man, lcd soundsystem, Paramore, front bottoms, guster, my morning jacket, gaslight anthem, Brandi Carlisle, Pearl Jam,

7 Likes

Gotcha, familiar with most of these, unfamiliar with the term. Manchester Orchestra rocks, especially live.

2 Likes