Music Suggestions 2 - driving fast in my car

My daughter turned two in February she has been talking a ton and we have been letting her choose some songs during dinner and car rides

These are the most requested songs

I’m sure her request will change when she starts going to daycare full time next month but I’m very happy to see equal influence from me and my wife!

6 Likes

Cory Wong is great. He’s also a key member of The Fearless Flyers (which I’m sure you’re aware of if you like Vulfpeck)

2 Likes

Nothing amazing. Nothing earth shattering.

But this popped into my head, I need to keep moving forward.

ummm. this is funny. cory went to prom with my sister. he was a cool dude in h.s. couple years older than me. i knew he found some success, but hearing his name come across a somewhat obscure golf message board thread …… *chefskiss

1 Like

When I’m en route to the course, its Character Flaw by Joe Ely, gotta get the Tin Cup vibes going.

2 Likes

Quick musings going into the weekend. Owl City dropped a new album in a few years. I don’t mind his music. It’s very low stress/pop adjacent. As someone who also enjoys Tiki Culture the songs hit a little different too with island vibes

Secondly what in the wild world of sports is Pink Floyd getting off charging $300 for a box of the 50th for Darkside of the moon and Amazon charging $400+ for the remastered vinyl?!

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing this with me. My wife is going to LOVE it.

1 Like

In honor of @KVV’s recent trek to the promise land, here’s one of my favorites;

They released the whole live album last year and it sounds incredible. Plus, he’s just so fucking cool.

8 Likes

Where the old school Philly heads at

2 Likes
6 Likes

Was there for this. It was epic

1 Like

I have a musical confession. I have never been a big album guy, mostly just tossing on Pandora and now Spotify to play random songs that I can get behind. I’ve tried to fix that in recent years by listening to a lot of the classic albums and actual albums for people I really like but never heard albums fron to back on.

I was rewatching Tourist Sauce Ireland and when Neil said that Carne was like Pearl Jam, I realized that Pearl Jam is a giant void in my music listening history. Let’s put it this way, they fucking rock. Despite knowing so many of their hits just through listening to rock radio, I cannot say I every intetnionally listened to them. Massive change in that now.

8 Likes

THE BETHS! NPR just released a Tiny Desk featuring a GREAT indie rock outfit from NZ. Singer has a hell of a voice, the songs are fun, well-crafted, feature sick harmonies…so good! Enoy!

6 Likes

The Refuge did the same thing for me a couple years ago :blue_heart:

2 Likes

You just made @ChickPhilA’s day.

5 Likes

Favorite band going right now! Love how well the stripped down versions suit the harmonies.

1 Like

Happy 5th birthday to Golden Hour

8 Likes

First time listening to this band. Really enjoyed it!

1 Like

Cool of Sean Evans to take a break from Hot Ones to play the drums

1 Like