Maxamania III - Detroit, MI - May 20,2023 - We're Back!

Shout out one eyed Betty’s and the fried Brussels sprouts

4 Likes

So I’m flying in on 5/18 and departing on 5/21 and I’m trying to figure out what the smart play is here. I’m good with splitting a rental car and lodging with others to lower cost and the Airbnb scene looks strong around the course but truly have no idea about good vs bad areas and what is a deal or not. I’m open to suggestions, if anyone is interested in going in on car and lodging let me know.

1 Like

The Airbnb I posted above has a second Airbnb attached to it very similar to that one. I know another refugee stayed in that one when I was there. Could be easy to carpool to and from the location.

1 Like

I’m thinking of locking this one down from the 18 to the 21st. Anyone interested in joining? It has plenty of room and is close to the golf course.https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/696972139374126926?check_in=2023-05-18&check_out=2023-05-21&guests=1&adults=5&s=67&unique_share_id=a9aaab9a-ebfd-406e-8b0b-9a9021eb3ca6

2 Likes

That’s dope

you aren’t going to go all too wrong with airBNB’s in the closely surrounding areas to the course, Royal oak, Ferndale, Berkley, all pretty nice. Once you start to get south of 9-ish mile is when things start to get sketchy…or oak park, parts are great (S/O dog and pony brewing) parts are less great

1 Like

Perhaps the official beer of the event? Unfortunately it’s not local

4 Likes

First NLU event! Pumped

14 Likes

You picked a great one to start off!

2 Likes

Hell yeah!

1 Like

2 months out. Raffle items being acquired.

Let’s goooooooo!!!

4 Likes

I’ll offer a dozen pre-roll back Pro V1s

5 Likes

I’ll throw something together from my Buddy’s brewery.

3 Likes

Signed up and sent the cashish. Believe Rackham has upgraded some tee boxes on the front so can’t wait!

1 Like

That would be awesome! What brewery?

Loaded Dice! Up in Troy

2 Likes

I haven’t been to many different brewery’s up there, but I dig the name! Thanks for hitting them up! it’s for a damn good cause!

1 Like

It’s a good time up there! Next time I’m there when he’s actually open I was gonna get some beer it forwards for FCF folks!

1 Like

Gonna be sending in the money to lock it in.

How does it work for the u of m round as well? Looks like a good excuses to burn a pto day.

1 Like

There should be plenty of us there, though I don’t think we’ve sorted out groups and hosts yet

2 Likes