Maxamania III - Detroit, MI - May 20,2023 - We're Back!

PayPal email is jessedula@yahoo.com

We look forward to seeing you there!

1 Like

LFG

Just confirming that I donā€™t need to be out of town that weekend and Iā€™ll get myself signed up. First nest event!

4 Likes

Hell yeah.

In.

5 Likes

lets goooo

Iā€™m coming.

3 Likes

LETS FUCKIN GOOOOOOOO

Ladies and Gents, the registration through golf genius is now live!

you will be put on the waitlist until we receive payment, then we will move you to the active roster.

Venmo your $175 to @freshcoastflock last 4 0672 after you register!

@JDGAFFLIN can you edit this link into the initial post?

6 Likes

It wonā€™t allow me to edit the post.

1 Like

I can edit the post. I dropped the link in there. Let me know if you need any other changes.

2 Likes

my man, thank ya!

Now for the serious questions:

• Whatā€™s the best part of town to stay in for Maxamania?
  • How do I confirm my spot in the U of M course round?
  • Will Detroit Style Pizza be served at the Detroit-themed dinner?
6 Likes

Royal Oak, Troy, Warren are all in close proximity to the course.

Hit the spreadsheet. Thereā€™s a tab to put yourself on the list for UM.

Thatā€™s the preliminary plan.

3 Likes

Plenty of hotels within 15 min and easy expressway access, as well as Airbnb in the surrounding neighborhoods.

Re UM: should we try to reach out again and see if we can get a block of times? I know it didnā€™t work last year but it seems like there are more interested parties this time around.

2 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s what I was thinking too

I am checking out AirbNbā€™s and found one that says its in Corktown. Just checking what anyone knows about the area? Seems to be close to everything.

2 Likes

I stayed at the below two years ago, cheap, clean, and convenient to the course.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/23236641?source_impression_id=p3_1676994964_qERv4zdLAGOS6V%2F8

2 Likes

I believe itā€™s the oldest neighborhood in Detroit, but itā€™s been going through a renaissance for the past 5-10 years with a lot restaurants and bars opening along Michigan Avenue. Thereā€™s a couple breweries down there (Batch Brewing and Brew Detroit) that I think are great with a wide selection of styles. Many of the homes down there appear to be in pretty good shape, particularly for how old most of them are, and thereā€™s also been a few new apartment/condo complexes that have gone up. So not sure what the AirBnB listing shows, but given the area it could be a new development or it could be a very very old home.

Should be about a 15-20 minute drive to Rackham from that area.

1 Like

I was thinking something similar, very hipster along Michigan Ave (Sugar House case and point). Ford is doing a major project at the train station which should transform (or at least continue to gentrify) the area over the next decade but current airbnbs probably run the full range from recent renovation to run down. Corktown was the home to Tiger Stadium (rip).

The Ferndale spot posted by @Pinehurts is very close to the course and there are tons of cool restaurants and bars nearby. Kind of depends on what you are looking for.

1 Like