Maxamania III - Detroit, MI - May 20,2023 - We're Back!

Maxamania III: Can You Smell What The Flock Is Cooking?

Two years ago @JBors & @Lazstradamus (Lars) came together to duel in what will go down as one of the greatest events in Refuge history, The Original Maxamania. They, along with a bunch of other sickos came together to raise a huge chunk of change benifitting @tchap80’s young son, Max. When I read about Max, and the disease he is stricken with I had to get involved. So I did.

Max is stricken with a Peroxisomal Disorder. It’s a rare condition that desperately needs funding to find viable treatment options. 95% of rare diseases have no FDA approved drug treatment. Fucking ZERO. So lets do our part and send them some coin! On that note, our charity this year will again be The Global Foundation for Peroxisomal Disorders, This organization is doing yeomans work in regards to this terrible disease. Please go ahead and read up on the disease and the foundation here: www.thegfpd.org @tchap80’s lovely wife Corin is a member of the Board of Directors.

Last year we ran another successful event. We’re deep in the process here at The Flock Offices working to provide you with another great experience.

Price: $175.00 (includes continental breakfast, lunch, Detroit themed dinner., Morning quota round for NIT spots, free play the rest of the day. )

Theme: A return to our roots. Attendees are strongly encouraged to incorporate a Professional Wrasslin’ spin on their scripting for the day!

Pre Event Golf: (5/19/23) Tee Times for The University of Michigan Golf Course will be available at the affiliated rate for a limited number attendees.

So without further adieu, here’s the sign-up list: Payment options will be made available shortly.

docs.google.com

Maxamania III Sign Up

Sheet1 Refuge Handle, Name, Email Address,GHIN Number, HC,Favorite Wrestler,Friday Golf UMGC Yes/No JDGAFFLIN,Jesse,jessedula@yahoo.com,10526306,18,Roddy Piper,Yes

Venmo: @FreshCoastFlock
PayPal Email: jesse.dula@yahoo.com

35 Likes

Maybe.

3 Likes

Maybe what?

1 Like

Info added to the first post.

8 Likes

View only

1 Like

A true Refuge Sign Up List! :wink:

2 Likes

Should be fixed now. (I hope)

2 Likes

Definitely in! It would be awesome to go to the original format/draft and do something other than a quota round?

I’ll also help with scorecards again and whatever else needed.

3 Likes

Can’t. Wait.

3 Likes

Might be cool to do the draft and then have foursomes based around the teams. That way we could really get into the whole team aspect and root and pull for each other. It felt very disconnected last time we had a draft/teams.

2 Likes

yes. here for this
Yes, Antonio Banderas knows about that reaction GIF of him, thinks it's "fun, I guess"

4 Likes

We will have to revisit it. Last year we had a smaller group and a lot of late drop outs that made teams difficult so it was dropped. If we get good momentum on signups it could work this year.

2 Likes

It’s going to be tough. We already have 2 scoring formats to keep track of. (Full HC Quota for the NIT Spots, then how ever Jono is scoring the FcF Major portion of it…)

I’m for the team thing if we get enough people though.,

2 Likes

I’ve been meaning to get up to Detroit.

11 Likes

Damon, on a persnal level, I’d love to see you at the event. I enjoyed meeting you at the '21 NIT, and through our interactions here. We put on a stellar event, and the vibe is really good. I think you would enjoy it.

4 Likes

Thanks, @JDGAFFLIN. I’m sure I’ll enjoy it.

I just updated my calendar and direct flights to Detroit on a real airline (Delta) are easily had from JAX, so it’s looking good that I’ll be there.

5 Likes

I mean, Findlay, home of the first OATW major of the year, is only 80 minutes south of the Detroit airport. Just sayin…

2 Likes

now that im in michigan, can make this for sure! look forward to playing with everyone again!

4 Likes

Just booked my flights. This has been on my radar for a while so I am so pumped that I could make the dates work!!

4 Likes

Will confirm: The guys in the state that won’t be mentioned throw one helluva event. I might not purchase gas in that state, but I’ll sure as hell go golf in Flag City.

2 Likes