Maxamania III - Detroit, MI - May 20,2023 - We're Back!

18 Likes

8 Likes

I’m also formally putting out there a ‘finishing move’ bet for my group today. Winner gets to perform their team’s wrestler’s finishing move on the others.

Lots of pressure for this Canadian who can’t find himself in a hospital in America.

8 Likes

What a day!! Good luck today guis - I’m with you in spirit and will be following the action. Thank you so incredibly much and have yourselves a day!!

13 Likes

Another incredible day at Rackham. I hope everyone is as tired and golf drunk as I am!

What was the quota scoring breakdown again?

Also, @Brentdtw had the cart setup dialed today! We won’t mention the half a dozen times we dumped the iPad and the one time we basically ran it over.

Look forward to running it back next year hopefully!

17 Likes

Great event, @FreshCoastFlock!

24 Likes

Yall are good people. That was super fun. Lets do it again sometime

14 Likes

12 Likes

I still don’t understand why that metal sheeting is in that corner, or how it has so many dents. It’s on the tee box of one hole and like 40 yards away from the green on the par 5…it makes no sense.

10 Likes

Maybe thats the driving range

6 Likes

Tired. Hip flexors feeling lovely. Living squarely in the wife’s crosshairs. Kids waking up at 6am. Sounds like post Maxamania.

Sappy post to follow.

Cheers,
Jono

21 Likes

Thanks to the great state of Michigan and all the @FreshCoastFlock for an all world day! We shut the course down, played 52 holes, played as a 10some and had a ton of fun! Expectations were high and you guys exceeded them.

As someone said yesterday, “We’re all winners because of the friends we make along the way.”

22 Likes

I was just trying to deflect attention away from the score I had just posted, but I appreciate you taking the sentiment to heart

8 Likes

Jono, one thing…

1. How in the actual fuck did you birdie
    16? Who did you sacrifice to the golf gods? That hole was impossible.
8 Likes

No way he knows.

Everything was calculated in the golf genius app off of 90% GHIN handicaps.

3 Likes

I just mean it seems like scores weren’t calculated correctly. On holes with strokes, it seems like the gross score was used instead of net (for the quota points). I could be wrong…

Quota game is stableford points off gross score not net. Handicap gives the required quota points for your handicap.

5 Likes

Well there we go. That’s why I was confused :v:t3:

4 Likes

Yeah I drained a ~35 footer with about 12ft of left to right break from the left side of the green. Did not think it was going in haha

3 Likes

Also, pops don’t count towards quota score. Quota is 36 - your course HC. No double dips.

3 Likes