Maxamania III - Detroit, MI - May 20,2023 - We're Back!

Man, I just don’t know what to say but this place continues to surprise me. I’m just honored that you guise continue to choose Max and the GFPD as the benefactor of an amazing annual tradition like this event! Thank you to @JDGAFFLIN and the rest of the FCF for pulling this thing together. If you haven’t been to either of the two events, they showcase the very best of the Refuge and I have no doubt it will be another fantastic event. Add in a historic, pure fun course like Rackham and it should be a no-brainer.

If you need any more background on the event, feel free to take a long read through the past threads here - and I’m guessing you’ll laugh your ass off along the way:

Maxamania I
Maxamania II

The only downside is that it’s unlikely I’ll be able to make the trip to Rackham in person. My family hosts a major two-day fundraiser for the GFPD here in Bloomington-Normal, IL on that very same weekend (May 18-19), including a Thursday evening event at a local brewery and then an all day golf scramble on Friday with two separate sessions. Add in a 6 hour drive plus the time change and it’s a little tough. 2 years ago I drove through half the night and made it up there in time for the last few holes of the morning round, but last year Max got sick and I had to stay home and miss out. I’ll keep my options open as we get closer, but it’s likely just too much to cram in a single weekend. But if I can’t make it, I will be rooting everyone on from here and will absolutely buy all the merch (that logo is freaking sweet)!

For those of you that don’t know much about the GFPD, it’s absolutely been a life-changing organization for Max and our family. Having a doctor tell you your son has a terminal disease and there is no treatment is purely devastating. But finding the GFPD allowed us to connect with other families traveling this same terrible road and learning how to find the joy and focus on the quality of Max’s life, whatever the future holds. We’ve learned so much from this organization and consider them a second family. We’ve also connected with the leading scientists and doctors around the globe researching this disease, and the foundation has directly funded crucial medical advancements and research to bring us closer to a treatment. This impact has driven my wife and me to host our event here locally and we’ve now raised over $1 million for the GFPD in 7 years.

So on behalf of Max and our whole family - and the whole GFPD organization - thank you very, very much to the Fresh Coast Flock for your hard work and efforts to bring this event together! I’ll leave you with a couple of recent photos of my favorite little dude:

Oh and since we’re bringing back the wrestling theme, my all time favorite is the one true ICON… STING!!!

Sting Wrestler GIF - Sting Wrestler Face GIFs

30 Likes