Maxamania III - Detroit, MI - May 20,2023 - We're Back!

Hell yeah.

2 Likes

Signed up! Hopefully something like Paypal can be made available for us Canadians (no venmo here)
@jimmay may be interested in coming with me for Friday and Saturday.

Looking forward to meeting you all

1 Like

We will definitely accomadate you. Looking foward to seeing you at the event!

1 Like

Yeah that would be great. Also having two/four-person teams could prevent some people from
dropping if they have a team commitment.

1 Like

3 hr side trip from DTW to my home course bud, worth a visit, bring your passport!

1 Like

Edited.

1 Like

hell yeah

2 Likes

FcF qualifying will just use the same scoring as the event.

2 Likes

Just a heads up I flew Delta for the NIT this past year and a month before my flight they canceled all direct flights from JAX to DTW. I flew direct on the way down but the trip home was JAX to ATL to DTW.

1 Like

Man, I just donā€™t know what to say but this place continues to surprise me. Iā€™m just honored that you guise continue to choose Max and the GFPD as the benefactor of an amazing annual tradition like this event! Thank you to @JDGAFFLIN and the rest of the FCF for pulling this thing together. If you havenā€™t been to either of the two events, they showcase the very best of the Refuge and I have no doubt it will be another fantastic event. Add in a historic, pure fun course like Rackham and it should be a no-brainer.

If you need any more background on the event, feel free to take a long read through the past threads here - and Iā€™m guessing youā€™ll laugh your ass off along the way:

Maxamania I
Maxamania II

The only downside is that itā€™s unlikely Iā€™ll be able to make the trip to Rackham in person. My family hosts a major two-day fundraiser for the GFPD here in Bloomington-Normal, IL on that very same weekend (May 18-19), including a Thursday evening event at a local brewery and then an all day golf scramble on Friday with two separate sessions. Add in a 6 hour drive plus the time change and itā€™s a little tough. 2 years ago I drove through half the night and made it up there in time for the last few holes of the morning round, but last year Max got sick and I had to stay home and miss out. Iā€™ll keep my options open as we get closer, but itā€™s likely just too much to cram in a single weekend. But if I canā€™t make it, I will be rooting everyone on from here and will absolutely buy all the merch (that logo is freaking sweet)!

For those of you that donā€™t know much about the GFPD, itā€™s absolutely been a life-changing organization for Max and our family. Having a doctor tell you your son has a terminal disease and there is no treatment is purely devastating. But finding the GFPD allowed us to connect with other families traveling this same terrible road and learning how to find the joy and focus on the quality of Maxā€™s life, whatever the future holds. Weā€™ve learned so much from this organization and consider them a second family. Weā€™ve also connected with the leading scientists and doctors around the globe researching this disease, and the foundation has directly funded crucial medical advancements and research to bring us closer to a treatment. This impact has driven my wife and me to host our event here locally and weā€™ve now raised over $1 million for the GFPD in 7 years.

So on behalf of Max and our whole family - and the whole GFPD organization - thank you very, very much to the Fresh Coast Flock for your hard work and efforts to bring this event together! Iā€™ll leave you with a couple of recent photos of my favorite little dude:

Oh and since weā€™re bringing back the wrestling theme, my all time favorite is the one true ICONā€¦ STING!!!

Sting Wrestler GIF - Sting Wrestler Face GIFs

30 Likes

Max is a true warrior. Much love to you and your entire family Todd.

10 Likes

Thatā€™s the correct version of sting to like. The crow stingā€¦I could do without.

2 Likes

Respectfully strongly disagree.

2 Likes

Duel! Duel! Duel!

4 Likes

While Iā€™ll always love the original blond Sting, saying ā€œThe crow stingā€¦I could do without.ā€ is just insanity.

You want to live without moments like this??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i47hYJ7G-wM

(This wasnā€™t even the best oneā€¦some of the ones where he came down from the rafters were better).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bQ2gLyhSnc

Sorry @meathaus, all forms of Sting are awesome. Especially crow Sting.

6 Likes

The moments were great, and I wouldnā€™t take them away from anyone, I just found the silent crow sting to be my far less preferred version.

Give me the flamboyant colors and the bleached blond flat top any day. I said what I said!
why-would-you-say-something-so-controversial-yet-so-brave

1 Like

Sting had two great finishing moves too: the Scorpion Deathlock (nee Sharpshooter) and the Scorpion Death Drop (reverse DDT).

6 Likes

Donā€™t forget the Stinger Splashā€¦one of the all time fun moves to perform on a Wrestling Buddy or couch cushionā€¦

3 Likes

On a related note, Caleb and I will be attending WWE Smackdown Live from Detroit tomorrow night. Make sure you tune in from 8:00PM EST until 10:00 PM EST on your local FOX affiliate. You might even see me toss the little knucklehead in the ring as revenge for trying all of these wrasslinā€™ finishing moves on me at home.

10 Likes

This feels like a ā€œyes, Iā€™d love toā€ as Detroit has grown on me quite a bit.

6 Likes