Maxamania II @ Rackham GC (Detroit, MI) 2022, May 21

When you spend all your money at Dan Flashes.

10 Likes

That shirt cost $15,987 and it was worth every penny.

Much better than a TC Tugger

4 Likes

That’s my exact style

1 Like

I’m in. Are we drafting teams? Just wondering if I’ll be able to hoard all the low single digit handis again.

5 Likes

At the current rate of signup for the UMGC round, we are either going to need a few more hosts, or a few of you are about to become honorary alumni!

We’ll get it done one way or another, so no worries.

5 Likes

I’ve got to get together with the event planning committee to discuss. Given we’re running this for the first time, we want to simplify it so we pull it off without an glitches in regards to scoring. Having to keep track of 2 different scoring formats is a handful. However, the team aspect added to the fun last year. So, yeah…

Discuss folks. We want it to be a killer event.

I missed the event last year, unfortunately.

Based on the pictures and the theme change, I cannot wait to see the 'fits people try to wear this year.

1 Like

I’m excited to see what team I land on this year. Maybe the draft can be earlier this year? I only had a week to grow a hulkamania mustache last year.

3 Likes

2006 baby, greatest education I could’ve ever received

1 Like

Second that. The earlier we could draft, the better prepared we’ll all be.

1 Like

Bringing my message to Jesse re: scoring into the thread for further discussion. Anyone have a link or quick explanation for how the quota game works? I suggested a modified stableford scoring format which I think is probably similar to the quote game. All net scores, 0 points for double bogey or worse, 1 bogey, 2 par, 3 birdie, 4 eagle, 5 albatross.

Any comments on this idea?

Yes, we will have a draft and you can be a captain again. If anyone else wants to be a captain or has kick ass team names (Detroit connections encouraged) let me know.

1 Like

Quota game is modified stableford scoring but handicapped. Quota = 36-course handicap, gross scores. Very simple and easy to track.

3 Likes

Oh ok thanks, so really no need for anything more complicated. Is there a spreadsheet somewhere will all the formulas built in already?

1 Like

Yes the organizers will have this ready to go for the event.

1 Like

I’m seeing that everyone signed up so far is a Nest member. Are either UMGC on Friday or Rackham on Saturday open to non-members or is it considered a closed event? Thanks

1 Like

No one will be on the first tee checking nest memberships.

2 Likes

Keep it up and @JDGAFFLIN might appoint you to do just that

3 Likes

He’s the Director of Scoring Formats for the event Mike. :grinning:

2 Likes

Condoning scumbaggery?

4 Likes