Maxamania II @ Rackham GC (Detroit, MI) 2022, May 21

It’s open to non nest members, however, if we get NIT spots, and a non nest member wins the event or finishes in a position to score an NIT invite, that person will have to join the nest before they can accept that invite.

4 Likes

Thanks for clarifying. I’m not really plugged into any of the NIT stuff and saw this was tagged as a qualifier event so wanted to be sure.

2 Likes

Yes! I speak from experience, Joe throws one hell of an event.

1 Like

Just to be clear, if you’ve got the time and you aren’t sneaking through the fence and grabbing a Biercamp brat between 7/8, you’ve done things very wrong.

3 Likes

Whole heartedly agree, that place is so damn good. Was happy to stumble upon that gem last year. Right next to the course too, couldn’t be better.

Also, welcome back fella!

2 Likes

Holy shit are we about to rent out UMGC the day prior? Fuckin love iiiitttt

5 Likes

Been following NLU for about a year now but haven’t interacted in the community or been to an event. Seeing as this is 5 minutes from my house I guess there’s no better time to sign up and get involved.

16 Likes

Absolutely! Throw your name on the sheet for maxamania. Also we have a what’s app for the Detroit/aa area as well if you want to come shoot the shit, we usually link up for tee times in there too! Glad to have you on board!

30 Likes

I look forward to defending my title!

13 Likes

Hell yeah.

glad to see you’ll be up here again!

3 Likes

Told myself I would be going to at least one out of state refuge meetup this year. I’m in on this one.

4 Likes

Man, this is epic. I’m not sure if I can make the dates work, but shit UMCC and Rackham are both on my list and just a few hours from Cleveland.

2 Likes

Bummer! Annual trip (13th year) to Shanty Creek that weekend. After reading the thread and seeing the pics from last year I am so bummed. Hopefully one day I can make it work!

Leggoooooo

Pro tip - let Jason ride with the other guy

2 Likes

I was 1-1 that trip, this should settle it.

3 Likes

So I’ve been in a sort of daze for the last week or so ever since @JDGAFFLIN burst in kool-aid man style and announced that Maxamania II would be happening, and that Max was once again the honoree. Last year’s event was one of the most ridiculous, inspiring, overwhelming days of my life - all in a very good way. And it was incredibly beneficial for our family in helping address costs and other issues that come with having a child with a disability as they get older. I had seen some of the discussion about running it back this year, but had absolutely no expectation or thought that Max or our family would again be part of it. I was just hoping to make it to see Rackham again and join in, regardless of the cause.

So when the announcement was made that it’s still Maxamania and this time the GFPD would be the charity to benefit (the foundation that funds research for Max’s rare disorder), I was just blown away. I seriously don’t know what to say except thank you guis. You can read more of our journey with Max and what the GFPD has meant to us earlier in the thread, but suffice it to say it has given us hope and a second family. Here’s a little video they made for the global awareness day last fall - you’ll see a cameo of our family:

Max is now 8 and doing ok despite the never-ending pandemic. Except for school, he doesn’t really leave the house a lot - but school in person is miles better than remote for him. It’s a good environment for him and he gets all of his therapy there. Overall he is definitely a happy, fun little dude and we have so much to be thankful for.

I cannot wait to see all of you sickos in May back at Rackham - easily my favorite course I played last year. I’m excited to see a sizable repeat crew from last year but also lots of new names as well, and again I can’t thank you enough. My only request is that we save some of the fun for the afternoon - as I may or may not be a lunchtime arrival again like last year (our family hosts a large GFPD golf fundraiser the day before at Weibring Golf Club in Normal, IL). Is it May yet???

Until then, here’s Max in front of our tree and also playing with one of his new toys from Santa:

43 Likes

Hmmm. Working on something here.

19 Likes