Killhouse Hosts Ian - The Aftermath Vol. 1

Good Morning Damon!

Starting a thread to hopefully get some traction and build a donation fund for the NLU Florida Community impacted by hurricane Ian.

Once fund goal is reached I will reach ask Tron to help gift to a Florida family or organization in need.

Long live the Killhouse.

https://gofund.me/028ac59e

6 Likes

@ASplashOfOJ how are y’all faring?

5 Likes

Flooding is pretty wild here in Orlando, still have power, family is safe. I know lots of others aren’t so lucky, we’ve been checking in via our slack.

6 Likes

Got a message from a friend of mine who lives in Ft. Meyers. His house is completely underwater. Car was swept out of their garage and is gone. His wife said there is basically nothing left.

Yeah man that’s brutal, my brother’s house is down there, early reports from him are not good. I feel terrible for him and the others in that area.

Tampa reporting here - we were very fortunate. Reports of downed trees in the area. But we never lost power at home, and are about to go start cleaning up the yard.

Our friends in Ft. Myers/Sarasota are not as fortunate. I know several folks who have there entire first floor of their home completely underwater. Boats and cars are missing. It’s going to be pretty bad.

4 Likes

Gusty and bands of moderate rain so far in Jacksonville, but it looks like most of the worst of it will stay south and east of us (although certainly the next 4-8 hours are going to be dicey).

Scenes from SW Florida are devastating.

3 Likes

No idea why they stayed in their house. A neighbor had to rescue them with a boat. I love him and hope he’s ok but damn he can be dumb sometimes.

4 Likes

Absolutely. I travel to Sarasota for business and have some family in Ft. Meyers and Apollo Beach. They sent a note that they are okay. No bat signal or distress message yet. I’m sure they’re assessing and conserving generator power if the generator didn’t float away.
Let’s come together and help out the FL people through NLU community any way we can.

1 Like

Zero idea how our place on Sanibel fared and likely won’t know for days, or even weeks, with the causeway missing an entire section. Hoping as many people as possible evacuated before the storm hit

18 Likes

Thankfully never lost power here in winter park/orlando. One of our neighbor’s trees fell into our front yard and just missed our house.

4 Likes

Good news on the causeway is the actual structure isn’t damaged, just the approach. Can get some temporary asphalt or aggregate in there to get emergency access to the island relatively quickly.

3 Likes

Can confirm tree into house is no fun (Isabel in VA in fall of '04)

But when you’re in high school and can sit on your roof you think that’s cool.

(my room’s ceiling collapsed so I got to sleep downstairs and play TW05 for hours on end at night so all in all, I was good)

1 Like

Keep safe and make Windermere strong again @bogeytax

1 Like

Uncle Vince and the condo faired well for the most part, just some trees down in the pool and a few shingles off the roof.

No word yet on Cabbage Key or The Sanctuary

3 Likes

Yeah we got pretty lucky. The tree must have missed our house by a couple of feet.

3 Likes

Florida NLU peeps, please keep us updated.

You other 49 states, donate to help.
That means you, Kansas!

4 Likes

Was going to text you and ask about Uncle Vince! Glad to hear he’s safe and damage is minimal

1 Like

He’s just cranky he can’t play “preseason” golf down there :laughing:

T’s and p’s to everyone down south in the ft myers area. Had a friend that was just rescued by boat by going out the 2nd story window of her two story apartment and stepping right into the boat. We dodged a bullet here in Tampa, but I feel terrible for so many people who lost everything. Just praying the death toll doesn’t keep rising

6 Likes