Killhouse Hosts Ian - The Aftermath Vol. 1

That’s terrible. Can only imagine how people are getting through

3 Likes

Kansas stands with Florida

3 Likes

A buddy of mine just sent a video from his dock on Little Lake Conway. The lake is about 3’ higher than typical & his dock is about a foot underwater. They lost power early this AM

That first approach area may be the easy part to repair. Just watched a flyover one of the news station did and a minimum of four other parts of the causeway are destroyed. The bigger, most visible part seems fine but it’s going to be months at best before this thing is completely open again.

1 Like

Road leading up to the Sanibel Causeway is destroyed too. Worst case scenario unfolding out there, before we even know the human toll

2 Likes

Whoa. Yeah, man. It’s going to be a bit. Holy shit.

1 Like

Man I really hope enough people evacuated. I was on a boat tour in Sanibel with the family earlier this year and the guide was pointing to a bunch of pine trees that were decimated by Hurricane Charley in '04 and kind of half-joked that based on the timelines of Hurricane Donna and Charley the area was probably getting close to being due for another one.

Our friend’s elderly parents rode it out on Sanibel because their dipshit MAGA Qanon son-in-law said it was all fake news and wouldn’t be that bad so convinced them to stay put despite the mandatory evacuation order. Still waiting to hear how they fared.

Parents in Ft Myers have power but no water, initial feedback is may not have water & sewer for a significant amount of time while everything gets back online. Cell service still sketchy but house did well all things considered.

7 Likes

His own parents!

How is a hurricane fake news? :exploding_head:

3 Likes