A thread for the Texas folks

Very meh. Mid level muni expectations or below. Was built as an amenity to the Marriott for race weekends. It’s over seeded more often than not in the off season months but that’s about all I could say about it.
I would however recommend 407BBQ about 5 minutes north of there.

1 Like

That makes sense. Based on what they were charging I thought there’s no way they care about this golf course.

Drive down 1171 to Bridlewood. Not too far away and it’s in perfect shape. Grapevine municipal is also close and it’s great. Texas star also isn’t far away and it’s one of the best in the area.

3 Likes

This is my least favorite course in the entire world. I’m not exaggerating that. I passionately hate this course.

1 Like

Duly noted. A company in Austin wanted their offsite to have a golf course. No wonder this was the only one available!

1 Like

Dropping the link to a thread I’ve created.

Would like to start here, Texas NLU contingent: let’s show our big Texas hearts and big wallets.

If you can, please donate at the link below. Hoping to raise a chunk for our NLU hub in Florida to help any impacted family and friends.

Ian: a good hurricane in its own right.

1 Like

Last minute shoutout: next week, Big Plex will be hosting an irons-only/coed best ball event at Keeton Park for a fun mixup. If you’re bored and looking to challenge your iron play during the best golf month of the Texas calendar, we still have plenty of spots.

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/big-plex-irons-only-classic-sunday-october-16-2022/79832

2 Likes

To my DFW folks, just wanted to share a (potentially) exciting update. Some people may already know but others have been wondering what’s going to happen with the Tenison Glen course after the city approved the Loop bike trail that will cut through the course. There’s a much longer story here, but I’ll try to keep this short and sweet.

A couple of years ago we formed the Dallas Golf Initiative with the hope of elevating municipal golf in Dallas. Our first focus was to work with the city to bring a new and unique 9-hole course to add some variety to Dallas’ municipal golf courses. We wanted a golf course that was both welcoming for newcomers and engaging for everyday golfers. Fast forward to today and we have a development agreement with the city to redesign and reconstruct the Tenison Glen, and we’ve tapped Renaissance Golf Design for the project. You can see the new tentative routing and plans on the Home and Project page of our website.

Our goal is to raise $3 million to complete this project. We know this is an ambitious goal, but we hope that the city of Dallas will rally around this course and help bring this project to life.

Next week we are having a happy hour at Cold Beer Company for anyone who wants to learn more about the project or get involved!

19 Likes

Man i am out of town next week but would love to get more involved. I sadly had not heard of this and love your mission with this. (maybe since I live on the west side of town…and public golf was a period of time ago for me)

1 Like

All good! We’ll have more opportunities in the future to connect. Really just trying to get the word out at this point.

1 Like

This is awesome and as a Lakewood resident makes me super excited. Gonna try to make it to the happy hour and would love to get involved in some way.

1 Like

If anyone wants to play Trinity Forest and support a great charity there’s still plenty of spots open for their 11/28 (Monday after Thanksgiving) event, quite a few of us Big Plex folks will be there.

5 Likes

This looks to be a really good deal … wish I could join.

My buddy and I signed up for the Trinity Forest outing. If any refugees want to join our group, add Ian Rudebusch as a playing partner. We’re going with a forecaddie and carrying our own bags.

Gentlemen, I’ve got a buddy who’s down in El Paso who as a geographical bachelor and looking to meet some folks to play golf with. He is not currently in the NLU ecosystem, but I’m hoping you boys can change that. Anyone in the Fort Bliss/El Paso area that I can link him up with?

I’m 5 hrs east of him lol

1 Like

When is this outing at TF?

God, Texas is massive….

5 Likes

If it helps (it doesn’t), I’m 10 hours east of El Paso haha

3 Likes