Hyland Hootenanny Meetup Aug 22, Southern Pines, NC Tee Times post 217, Raffle Post 292

Even with being semi local… with golf Friday and all day Saturday I may be down for an Airbnb spent getting to know some guis I’ll be in touch

2 Likes

Anybody wanna plan on a Friday (Aug 21) afternoon round in Raleigh? Pine Hollow, RGA, River Ridge?

1 Like

I am planning on staying in Raleigh at my brothers place Friday night, so I’m definitely down for Friday RAL golf. As it gets closer, I was planning on asking if we can get out at his place (he lives on the course at Wakefield Plantation )

3 Likes

That would be cool, let me know what you end up doing. I’m sure there’s a group that would be interested in playing somewhere in Raleigh so if that doesn’t work out there’s plenty of good options.

Yup, Raleigh here, very likely interested in Friday golf, might have to be afternoon (shout-out summer hours) though.

2 Likes

Im here in N Raleigh. Id be down for a round that Friday… or any afternoon really. New irons came in today, ill be out plenty

1 Like

For those interested in a Friday round, I bet that we could get on at Longleaf late in the day (3:30ish). I just checked out the calendar and the only thing scheduled is a parent-child camp, but that won’t close the course to outside play.

If you’re interested, let me know so I can get a head count.

3 Likes

Personally, I think I might stay closer to Raleigh on Friday afternoon to avoid driving the 45 min Friday night and Saturday morning. I’d love to play out there with you some other time though, I always have fun playing Longleaf.

2 Likes

AirBNB booked that allows my wife & dog to come, can’t wait!

5 Likes

First timer here, checking in from Durham. This sounds like a good opportunity to meet some avid golf nerds like myself. I’m checking with the wife and might bring a buddy as well. If I don’t make this one, I’ll be keeping up with this crowd. Didn’t even know about NLU until last week somehow…

8 Likes

Put my name in the signup sheet last night. Plan on Saturday morning round, and the night putting at the minimum and then we will see from there

3 Likes

That place looks pretty nice. I’d be down for an afternoon round there, if you’re taking applications.

Yup. I’ll get a google sign up sheet together tomorrow

2 Likes

I got you. You’re already on the Google Doc.

yessssssssssss can stay in town Saturday night so IN for a Sunday round somewhere

1 Like

Any interest from folks in Mid Pines or Pine Needles for Saturday afternoon?

5 Likes

if either of those offer the golfboards or the finn-cycle, then 100% yes!

3 Likes

I will be in S Pines on Friday before and can get up to seven on at MP or PN at the guest rate if interested. I am probably not up to Sat afternoon as at almost 64 yrs 36 hole days are long in my rear view mirror. I think the guest rate is $80ish including cart fee. If you choose to take Finn scooter it is $31 more I think.

7 Likes

If you haven’t ridden a Finn Scooter have you really lived?

But no joke its for sure the most fun way to golf.

1 Like

Update:

If you want to order a Bucket Hat (likely an Imperial Geyser), Tour Visor, or T Shirt make your entries on the Spreadsheet in columns K, L, or M.

Orders will be placed by 7/26, so please make your entries prior to then.

1 Like