Hyland Hootenanny Meetup Aug 22, Southern Pines, NC Tee Times post 217, Raffle Post 292

Man, that was quick. I’m out. Wife has something scheduled or so she says.

Please, someone get on Dormie. It is the best course there. @Double_Bogey_Dave, if there is interest, call them. I’m sure they’d be willing to work with a large enough group.

4 Likes

Big news update coming regarding “night putting”

2 Likes

I’m sure it is, Dormie has bent, which is a tough scene in August. Hyland is a local favorite and also easy to book for a large group well in advance. It’s also got a tie in with the charity.

It’s time to officially announce the evening event…

Night Putting @ Longleaf

Thanks to @rkris we have locked down Longleaf’s putting course and outdoor bar from 8-10p Saturday night.

This should give everyone plenty of time to finish up their afternoon rounds and grab dinner somewhere.

@tedscott know you cant make the golf but would love it if you could join us in the evening.

15 Likes

I’ll absolutely be there with @chilidipper and our dads.

6 Likes

Next up: deciding on the contest. Keep in mind that the tee markers for the holes can be changed between 9 hole rounds…

5 Likes

Just signed up.

I was going to go down there on a trip in March, but it was cancelled due to the beginning of covid.

I love the chance to go down and play there in this format.

I’m down to play TR or frankly any other course in the area for some other rounds on the weekend.

5 Likes

Well, I was on the fence but this has sold me - I am 100% getting an AirBnb.

3 Likes

I plan on finding an airbnb as well. Initial browsing shows some fun options.

sadly you’re right - I’ve been looking at pet-friendly options so my wife & dog can come, and also just simple ones for myself. Found some that are half-decent.

that should’ve said “some fun options”

def some options very close to Hyland as well.

lemme know what y’all find. Might have to cook up some breakfast again.

2 Likes

I think this one would be pretty ideal given the location of night putting @ Longleaf

There are 4 legit beds and a couch. would like to get at least all the beds full before committing because the cancellation policy is less than ideal. A 5th would be even cooler.

1 Like

That is a much better idea in terms of location, cost, and overall fun, I just don’t think I’m comfortable sharing a place right now. I’ve noticed the cancellation policy of almost everywhere I’ve looked in Southern Pines has been way more restrictive than what you typically see.

Totally understand and very reasonable. I wanted to throw it out in the thread to gauge general interest.

I understand not everyone will be comfortable sharing a space right now. FWIW i think those of us that stayed in the Morganton house for the Marathon at Mimosa Hills did a pretty good job of remaining socially distanced, even when hanging out in the same room.

1 Like

Yeah I’m with you - I think you’ll fill the room up pretty quick & it’ll be a blast I’m sure.

1 Like

@Double_Bogey_Dave and I are interested

I’m just planning on staying Saturday night.

2 Likes

I was going to stay Friday nigh too just so I didn’t have to make the drive Saturday morning.

Out of curiosity I was looking at what the total would be for 1 night and they have a 2 night minimum :frowning_face:

1 Like

Playing golf right now I’ll touch base tonight.

2 Likes