Hyland Hootenanny Meetup Aug 22, Southern Pines, NC Tee Times post 217, Raffle Post 292

Looking forward to this one! Hyland was a good time this past weekend. It’ll be a great course for a refuge meetup!

2 Likes

I’ll drive down from DC

5 Likes

Is it ok to miss my daughter’s first birthday (literally on the 22nd)? I mean, how often can you be a part of a Hootenanny? She’s not gonna remember this birthday anyways!

6 Likes

my birthday is the 23rd so we can do a joint candle blow out thing and check both our families off

2 Likes

I am not touching that with a 10 foot pole. Only your wife can answer that question.

Now you’re talking like a non-first time parent.

3 Likes

Thanks for the share Double Bogey Dave! New to the refuge everyone. I’ll be signing up for this event. Thanks!

3 Likes

It may be very early to start asking these sorts of questions, but I’m looking into AirBnbs for either just myself or pet-friendly ones if the wife and dog come with me. Are there areas that would be more advantageous than others?
The best pet-friendly one I’ve found is by Moore County Airport, the others are more dotted around the area.

1 Like

You’d be fine in that area - it doesn’t really take long to get anywhere.

Somewhere closer to downtown Southern Pines or to the Pinehurst village would be great since both of those spots are pretty walkable.

2 Likes

Im in! Gonna be a hell of a day!

2 Likes

New to the refuge but fairly local to Pinehurst. I really want to join this event but that weekend is not good for me. I hope everyone has a good time and if anyone wants to knock it around Tot Hill Farm with me send a DM.

3 Likes

There are condos at Pinehurst on #3/#5 that are reasonable listed on AirBNB. Easy walk to the village. Or get a place in downtown Southern Pines.

1 Like

Downtown SP is more dog-friendly than P-hurst. Good for walking the dog, farmer’s market, coffee places, shops, etc…that are dog friendly. Southern Pines Growler Company is prime dog + beer and chill real estate.

2 Likes

I’m in. I missed the Charlotte event due to a family emergency but this one looks like it’s a go. I have a 2 month old boy so my plans are bound to change

5 Likes

yeehaw!! looking forward to it!

1 Like

Since Saturday is the main day for the event anyone trying to play Tobacco Road on Friday? If so I am interested in a group for that.

2 Likes

i could do friday or sunday for TR

1 Like

Wish I could make it. Have fun!

I’m sure we can find some folks to play at TR on either Friday or Sunday.

3 Likes

Just signed up for this. Hoping to make this work with my schedule the closer we get to the actual date. Great idea, very excited!

4 Likes