Heavyweights: Thicc Boys of the Refuge Unite!

I am pumped for you guys!

100%, what I really need to do is get my ass out of bed (as little as) 30 min earlier and just get outside with the pup

if Marc Leishman can wear horizontal stripes (like he is right now…), we can do this

6 Likes

i was just joking around about the dry heat thing…110 is 110 as far as im concerned

real talk though, both you and your dog would greatly benefit from a 30 minute walk in the morning, but getting up any earlier than you have to blows, i am in full agreement of that

1 Like

Was a NY Resolution, and I did really good for about a month (pretty much water only, some lemonade here and there for flavor) and slipped up when the wife’s fast food cravings kicked in to high gear…

Feels good to write this shit out, these excuses are so pathetic and not actual excuses

3 Likes

Start by going to one pop a week. Make that pop special as fuck. But once you have it it’s gone. Do this for a month or two and then switch to one per month.

1 Like

I am right there too obviously. Lots of excuses including the pregnant wife last year.
I’ve got two herniated discs in my back so I always use that as an excuse when it comes to exercise. I play some pickup basketball and recently rolled my ankle really bad which is 6 weeks and still healing.
I just use all that to justify eating like a pig and not giving a shit. But I really am at that breaking point now where I need to do something.

1 Like

i never got the whole pop thing…fuggin pop

My golf buddies say I look like Leish.

6’6" 270 but I’m in shape. Round is a shape.

4 Likes

“Who needs a six pack, I brought the whole keg!”

2 Likes

anyone else been seeing this multi-hundred-pound-weight-loss-journey Nike ad all day on PGA Tour Live? feel oddly targeted today…

1 Like

Trying the intermittent fasting out for now. I have heard mixed reviews but my buddy swears by it. Haven’t eaten since dinner last night at 6. Double shot americano from the Nespresso this morning and a bunch of water so far. Going to grab a salad for now, will try to start doing more meal prep and shakes to keep me on track during the work week but haven’t been to the grocery store since I decided to pull the trigger on this thread.

I’m in. Golf season does me in every year. Started the summer around 175, and now have about two pairs of shorts in the rotation that fit. Have bad knees and its MUCH easier on them when im not packing the excessive weight around. Don’t mind the gym when there isn’t golf to be played but im a sucker for post round beers and any other excuse to enjoy responsibly.

1 Like

Heard that! It is way way too easy to lean on these excuses…hell even with a bad back / healing ankle, something as easy as stretching and going for a walk can be beneficial

For me it really boils down to getting in a routine / establishing a habit…think I’ve read somewhere that it takes like 65-70 days to create a habit and “rewire” the brain

I do have to say, I had a really bad nail biting habit, and managed to kick that…fingers still subconsciously go to my mouth, but no more biting / chewing! That was all mind over matter for me

1 Like

intermittent fasting was my go to when I got from 210-ish to about 170. I was closer to the caveman style or whatever they called it. I liked my large meal at night, I can do black coffee and not eat until later in the day a lot easier.

1 Like

Warrior Diet I think is the one huge meal a day thing.

OK, if you need help getting something setup let me know.
Let’s get on this TODAY!

1 Like

45yo. 6’3” - 212 this morning. Probably 225 a month ago. <200 about a year ago. Had a great bar open up on ground floor of my apartment building, and it took its toll. Now I allow myself once a week (instead of nearly every day). I miss my “regular” status, but oh well. I am walking a couple miles each way to work again. Doing cardio. Blood pressure is my main concern. Would love to get weight down to <190 or so, but more importantly get the heart health. It will happen. It’s time.

6’2”, 250 and 38 years old here. I’ve always been on the bigger side, so if I could get down to something like 215-220 I’d be happy.

Right after college my thyroid went bezerk and I dropped weight like crazy. Went from about 230 down to 160 at my lowest and things weren’t good. I waited waaaay too long to see a doctor - at first I chalked it up to being out of college and just eating better and drinking and less, but when I started getting the shakes and felt my heart constantly pounding I knew things weren’t good. My metabolism was so jacked that I had to eat like crazy just to keep from losing more weight, which really caught up with me once the meds kicked in. The weight started coming back but the bad habits stayed with me. Now that I’m getting older, the weight is harder to lose, but I’m trying avoiding the three S’s (sweets, snacks, and especially seconds) while slowly working in more activity, so we’ll see how it goes.

1 Like

Wait, BP or cholesterol? BP 190 I feel like you need to be taking meds for…?