Golden Age Classic III - June 11, 2022 at Cedar Crest in Dallas, TX

Also-also, the Jacklin-Nicklaus award goes to @BHstraitvibin - in his first big Refuge event, he:

1. Let me borrow his driver since my clubs are apparently still at LAX (will drop this off with you this week - I hit some good ones with it!)
  2. Was willing to switch teams at midnight before the event to accommodate the late drop changes
  3. Played a singles match against @duckhunter07, which was frankly a bit of cannon fodder, to make all the pairings logistics work.

Thanks Brett! And I look forward to you taking over merch duties for the Roost as well . . .

10 Likes

How’d you hit it?

1 Like

Pretty darn well. Got green side on 12 in alt shot, really only a couple true foul balls which is good for me over 36 holes.

3 Likes

Thanks again to @DuckDuckHook and @mctrees02 for hosting another great event. Had a blast and can’t wait for next year!

2 Likes

Reiterating special thanks to @DuckDuckHook for all the work putting this together and everyone else who contributed.

While I didn’t play very well I had a lot of fun and enjoyed getting to meet some more fellow roosters.

Still rehydrating today.

6 Likes

Not that it matters but I am curious… what was the age range… I know @mdavis is 22 so I am assume the youngest
So 22 to ?

1 Like

I believe @clktex is the leader in the clubhouse with @RobRosson staying within shouting distance.

I’m not naming names but early 20s - late 50s. You will know them by the sound of their groans.

2 Likes

Heinz 57

And after yesterday, dry-aged

2 Likes

@RobRosson proving that age is just a number. He put us all to shame yesterday walking the first 18 and kicking my butt in the process

5 Likes

I forgot about post-Refuge event depression

5 Likes

Echoing what everyone else has said so far. Truly appreciate the hard work @DuckDuckHook & @mctrees02 put in for this event and allowing me and a few other Texas adjacent refugees to join y’all for the day. Always look forward to heading south for this event! Rubber match is already set for next year @mdavis. Big ups to @Kgilles5 for the obscene amount of birdie-related fireball shots and to @avess for just taking souls with his playing. Cheers everyone!

15 Likes

If anyone has photos from this event, please post them in here or DM me.

1 Like

3 Likes

6 Likes

Props to BigPlex merch czar @DuckDuckHook for the hats this year. SWMBO has already confiscated mine.

6 Likes

There are extra hats if anyone wants to buy one!

Well let me clarify. We are negotiating a joint custody agreement.

1 Like

@BigPlex

Today I made a donation from the GACIII proceeds in the amount of $1,721.20. Thanks to everyone for your participation and support. The entry fees alone are important for the foundation’s operating budget.

As I’ve mentioned, we do still have some additional GACIII hats for sale. At this point, since we’ve covered all GACIII and Big Plex hat expenses, any dollar spent on remaining hats will go straight to the foundation. We will also be making a large donation out of Colligan Cup fees once we allocate any remaining needed expenses.

For everything we do, there will be a ledger on our public google docs. Feel free to reach out with any questions.

-Kyle

11 Likes