Fellow NLU golfers in Wichita, KS area?

I haven’t played up there very much, but Firekeeper is fantastic and would definitely recommend it!

2 Likes

Will second Firekeeper as a fantastic course! It is the only course in the Topeka area I have played

I loved Firekeeper, I would recommend it as well. It’s a little ways out of Topeka proper though, if time is an issue.

1 Like

Did you end up getting out anywhere @St8kdinr? If so, would love to hear about it.

Hey! I ended up walking Cypress Ridge on Monday afternoon/evening and had a really nice round. Had a few fun holes and for $13 it was a steal. It was one that I hadn’t played before and I’ll definitely hit up again.
On Tuesday I played Firekeeper and as usual it was a blast. It’s one I need to make an effort to play at least a couple times a year. It’s worth the drive from Omaha. It’s definitely worth a stop for anyone in the area.

1 Like

Anybody sign up for any Central Links Golf (KGA/KCGA) events today?

See you in hell.

6 Likes

This makes me so happy. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Changing the narrative after the KFT Monday qualifier fight at Sand Creek

1 Like

Which makes me think… this really needs to be documented.

newton1
newton2
newton3

1 Like

hey wichita folks, in case you haven’t caught what’s happening up in KC;

1 Like

The best microbrewery in Wichita is easily Central Standard. Get their pilsner even if you’re an IPA person. The best microbrewery in Hutch is Sandhills, where Prairie Dunes has a collaboration.

2 Likes

Just to close the loop on this Roost stuff, the KC based Great Plains Golf Club has made the cut. If you’re interested in joining us the discussion has moved here;

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/great-plains-golf-club-kansas-city-based-roost-incl-ne-ia/64558

I’ll stop spamming your thread now.

What’s going on guis! Headed to witchita for a store opening at the end of the month and I’m probably gonna bring the sticks. I see the station as a must play, just to visit the site of the Monday qualifying kurfuffle, if anyone is free, even for beers, hit me up.

@HaveOuimet fo you live out here? Can’t remember where you are from but saw your posts up thread.

Not anymore. Grew up in Newton but currently live in Tulsa.

Haven’t played a ton of public Wichita courses. Sand Creek Station is good though.

1 Like

Hey, hope you enjoy your trip! You might reach out to @japolo1987 and see if he is around when you will be.

Would definitely recommend Sand Creek, and from there Quail Ridge in Winfield (~45 min drive) is always in really good shape as well. Hidden Lakes (~20 min drive to Derby) is a fun track that is well taken care of too.

As far as munis more local to the Wichita area, there is Auburn Hills and Tex Consolver out west, Arthur B Sim downtown, and MacDonald out east. Course conditions are not currently great at Sim and MacDonald.

Feel free to PM me if you need any restaurant/brewery/activity recs. Safe travels!

2 Likes

Yo! Appreciate the tag by @PushCartGodfather and would be happy to meet up and show you around the public options in/around the ICT. How long will you be in town? I’m going to be out of town at the beginning of June but will be around during the last week of May. PM me if you’re interested in playing!

2 Likes

Auburn Hills is in really good condition right now. Getting it primed for the KFT Monday Q. Thick rough and zoysia fairways starting to perk up nice. Greens are good, just a little bumpy in spots from the million rounds it gets played on every day by the Senior Leagues.

1 Like

Wow, I had no idea they were getting a KFT Monday Q. I saw a guy at Southern Hills yesterday wearing an Auburn Hills polo yesterday and talked with him. I used to live just down the street from AH and played it a lot.

AH has had KFT Monday Q for a few years now. They split the Monday Q field for the Wichita Open between AH and Sand Creek. I used to work in the shop at AH, caddied a few times on the Mondays. Head pro has some awesome stories from when Willy Z was there a few years back. Was 100 yards out on 8 from the tippys…

2 Likes