Fellow NLU golfers in Wichita, KS area?

Doubled 2. Managed the daily double of a thin and a chunk on back to back shots.

Birdied 10, for the only birdie of the day. Hybrid off the tee to keep it short of the path on the right, then another hybrid to 100 yards, and stuffed a wedge for a tap in. Proceeded to triple 11 after I knifed a wedge over the green into the junk.

2 Likes

Also might do Quail ridge tomorrow morning, depending on my schedule. Another cheap round from the looks of it online.

1 Like

I think they have some sort of medal or certificate in the pro shop if you birdie #10. I could be wrong on this, but recall hearing something about it. @japolo1987?

Certificate in hand or not, a birdie on #10 is very legit. And for that, I give you my congratulations.

2 Likes

If I remember right it was a t shirt at one point if you birdie it from the tips. I played it once in a tournament and needless to say they didn’t hand out anything for making a triple!

1 Like

I would not know what they offer for a birdie on #10 as I’ve never done that before. That one gets me every time, including losing a tee ball playing the scramble there yesterday…

Have fun at Quail tomorrow!

Played with Woody Austin in Men’s League one night there a few years back and he eagled 10. Only person I’ve ever seen hit the green in two.

1 Like

Big shout out to the Wichita crew here. I played Sand Creek Station yesterday, and today did Quail Ridge in the AM, and snuck in 18 (including 9 with @japolo1987 - hope the lasagna was still warm and wifey wasn’t too pissed) at Auburn Hills tonight. Was just able to finish before dark.

I should actually do some of the work that I am in town for, but you guys have some great deals on good courses here. I didn’t know what to expect out here, but needless to say I have been blown away by the quality and value.

2 Likes

She left me a plate of lasagna and was still here when I got home so I guess she wasn’t too mad about it… Probably could have played all 18! Glad you were able to finish.

Hopefully work brings you back around this part of the country again and if so, hit me up. Great playing with you and chatting yesterday. Safe travels back home!

2 Likes

Not exactly Wichita area but central Kansas.

Happy to see there is at least some activity in this thread!

1 Like

What city in Central Kansas?

1 Like

Long time listener, first time caller. Been in Wichita about 10 months (3 of which was deployed, so it hasn’t really been that long). Don’t really have any golf buddies in the area and looking for any Refugees that want to play. I’m moving overseas in a few months so I’m trying to get in as much golf as I can!

2 Likes

Moved here at the beginning of July. I got the Wichita membership. These have been the things I like the most about it:

-price. Really a spectacular deal that’s hard to beat
-access to four courses that are all pretty different and distinct from one another.
-convenience. I play most days and never have to drive over 15 minutes to get to a course (that doesn’t seem like a lot of time to me but you might disagree)

That being said, it is extremely crowded at these courses and some of the courses offer deals for people looking to play late in the evening so it’s even tough to find the courses emptier during weeknights. They also book fivesomes which certainly doesn’t help. Pace can be frustrating if you’re alone and slow golf bothers you. Overall, Im definitely glad I got it for all the positive reasons listed above. I think they outweigh the negatives For sure. Let me know if you’re looking for someone to play with

Pace of pace, even on weekdays, is real bad

The Wichita Membership is pretty hard to beat, but like other have said pace of play is atrocious especially on the weekends. I walked off Auburn Hills this weekend because we were already at 3 hours after making the turn.

Pretty last minute but playing sand creek at 3:36 if anyone wants to join

Sorry Just saw this. I am in Great Bend.

1 Like

Nice! I grew up in Junction City/Milford area, have been to Great Bend a few times. My uncle hunts down at Cheyenne Bottoms every year he can.

Yea, Things get a little busier around here this time a year as we enter fowl season.

Fellow Great Bend’er here.

1 Like

Hey all. Just seeing if anyone has played around Topeka lately. I travel Kansas for work and am in Topeka tonight and tomorrow. Will probably have time for 9 tonight and 18 tomorrow morning. I’ve played most around town already but looking for any recommendations and always willing to play with new people!

1 Like