Fellow NLU golfers in Wichita, KS area?

I grew up in Wichita, and gotta say… no one called it a cool little town then (maybe I was just a wannabe emo kid who hated the 'burbs). So that’s awesome to hear, and I agree - they really have added some solid stuff down in Old Town. Can’t go wrong with breweries, restaurants, distilleries, etc. The best vices! Hopefully the new ballpark works out, but I have my doubts.

2 Likes

Awesome to hear that you had fun in Wichita!

I was actually thinking of you the day those storms rolled through because it dumped on downtown for like 2 hours. Figured you got washed away.

PD is the only course on Earth where I could shoot 108 and it would still be an awesome day. It really is something special.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the trip!

1 Like

Hey folks, just joined the Nest. I’m in Wichita at Flint Hills. Who here is local?

3 Likes

Hey Doug, welcome!

I am down in OKC now but am back in ICT on a pretty frequent basis. I just played out there last week while in town over the holidays. Would love to get out with you around Wichita some time!

Brent

1 Like

Moved to Wichita from OKC 9 years ago. Definitely reach out if you make it back up.

2 Likes

Hey Doug! Played out there with Brent earlier this week. First time playing Flint Hills and had a great time, despite my psycho card. I live out on the west side. No longer a member anywhere but down to meet up and play anytime.

2 Likes

Salina guy here. In-Laws are in Wichita and play Crestview/Flint frequently.

Let’s get some games going.

4 Likes

Good friends live in Minneapolis and Abilene so play in that area quite a bit. Hit me up when you’re in Wichita and I’ll do the same up there. Twitter: @JPolandKS

1 Like

Just signed my lease to move to Wichita in July. Won’t know anyone and will be looking to find some people to play with if anyone’s interested.

2 Likes

@sman I live in Wichita and play mostly in the area. Feel free to message me on Twitter if you want to try and get a round in later this summer: @markbengtson8

2 Likes

I live in Wichita and have a group that plays several times a week. You’re more than welcome to join us. We generally play the public courses in town. DM me and well get you into some games and some fun stuff around Wichita!

2 Likes

Anyone interested in playing this weekend?

1 Like

I’m in Wichita for work this week. What places should I look at playing?

Sand Creek looked like a definite. Would like to try and get some variety, and planning on playing Tues-Thurs mornings

2 Likes

You are on the right track (pun intended) with Sand Creek - that will make more since once you out on the course. It’s the best public course within 25 minutes of Wichita.

If you don’t mind a little bit of a drive, I would also recommend Quail Ridge Golf Course in Winfield. Though it is about an hour from downtown Wichita.

If you’re looking for something closer Auburn Hills would be your next best bet.

The other city courses in the area are MacDonald Park, Tex Consolver (right next to the airport), and Arthur B Sim in downtown.

Let us know where you get out to and what you thought. Enjoy and safe travels!

1 Like

Appreciate the info! I’m not scared of the drive, so I may end up at Quail Ridge if I can fit it into the schedule.

2 Likes

Honestly, when you factor in the hour drive - Quail Ridge and Auburn Hills are probably about the same. But QR is just a more fun design, a little better managed, and will be a lot less busy.

I would call ahead to make sure there isn’t anything like a league or something going on when you’re trying to go :wink:

1 Like

Brent got you all the info you need looks like! Heading out to play in a tournament at Sand Creek this afternoon but that is where I’d rec if you aren’t from here.

I live right by Auburn Hills so if you decide to play there, let me know. Might be able to sneak out later in the week. Enjoy Wichita and hit me up when you decide where you’re playing!

Appreciate the hospitality, will do.

1 Like

Played Sand Creek this morning. That place was great for $35.

4 Likes

WITH range balls and a cart with GPS on it. Might be the best value of all time…

Have any memorable holes or shots that come to mind? #2 and #10 cause you any issues?

1 Like