FCF Presents The Classic Club Challenge, June 4th 2023 at The Mines Golf Course

Starting to work on the set for the CCC. Need a little clean up, but I’ve got a little time.

6 Likes

Finishing touches on the top and bottom of the bag…

2 months away guis, getting close! We have a few spots left, so lets get the word out and fill em up!

7 Likes

I can play my current clubs and be in the Classic division…#nice

3 Likes

Heck yea man, there’s an advantage! Sign on up if you can make it!

1 Like

Last wood added for the bag.

FYI: Discount Golf in Royal Oak has a bunch of persimmons in fantastic shape for $25.00 ea.

5 Likes

Working out some issues.

The Ping Zing Blonde 1 & 7 took a few holes to figure out. The first few holes with the 1 produced nothing but 100 yard worm burners. By the 5 hole I was hitting flighted bullets with a slight fade that rolled out to about 235.

The MacGregor 4W was an absolute joy to hit. As easy as hitting a hybrid with a sound and feel that had me tingling in unmentionable places.

This might actually be my main set going forward.

8 Likes

To the Gentlemen of the @FreshCoastFlock, the Gentlewomen, and the Gentlechildren too,

In addition to Maximania, which I’m sure you’re all signed up for already, we have the Classic Club Challenge on the horizon.

I have to lock in tee times next weekend with the Mines staff. We currently have 20 names on the list, which would be 5 groups - but I can add or subtract groups as needed.
If you have a friend you’d like to expose to the flock (#refugeafterdark), lets get them signed up.
If you haven’t signed up already but your schedule has cleared and you can make it now, sign on up.
If you convinced SGCG, OATW, or DC golfers to come on out, lets get them signed up.

Sunday, June 4th, Mines Golf Club in Grand Rapids MI

Looking forward to someone blowing up a persimmon chasing glory

4 Likes

I might need to pull out of this event, just a heads up. Ill know next week for sure.

1 Like

I unfortunately have to back out. Have a family event that popped up that weekend.

Appreciate the headsup man. Next time!

I’ve gotta join on the drop out train, can’t make it work.

After one attempted round with the 975 I have abandoned the retros and and bumping myself into the classic category. Picked up my high school dream driver of FB for dirt cheap and also using a slightly newer putter I had laying around. The extra 5 quota points is well worth not smother hooking every single drive :sob:

3 Likes

I’ve bagged the tp11s for the last few weeks and I think I hit them better than my “new tech” gamers. It’s scary and I’m so here for it.
It’s the longer clubs I’m mildly concerned about

1 Like

I played the retro irons at UofM today - while I have no idea what my yardages are, I do think the feeling of hitting one pure is intoxicating. Very excited to see everyone out there and share those old school vibes and good times!

2 Likes

I did the same today and i think irons were the best part of my game. Playing em again tomorrow at max too. I fucking love em

1 Like

Just added to the sheet. Same Venmo as the max?

2 Likes

No venmo, pay at arrival! Look forward to having ya

3 Likes

I demand WITB posts during the leadup to the event :eyes: super interested in what everyone is rocking

3 Likes

ON TO THE NEXT ONE!!

There are still a couple of spots open to anyone who is interested in seeing this gem of a course and playing some sweet old clubs, or don’t, up to you, but you will catch some flack!

GET IN THERE AND COME PLAY SOME GGGGGGGGG!

4 Likes

I’m 10000000% down for this, sick idea. Will post mine tonight

3 Likes