FCF Presents The Classic Club Challenge, June 4th 2023 at The Mines Golf Course

I hope to at least hit the range once with my new set before the event!

2 Likes

Too many for my mental health lol 9 holes lefty is about all I can handle

2 Likes

Bummed this is so close to Max3. I canā€™t swing two golf boondoggle weekends in such a short time frame.

2 Likes

Bring the fam, make it an event! GR has so many good options for a mini-vacay / long weekend!

2 Likes

I know, I considered it, but I will also be on a golf trip with my dad and brother the weekend before. So technically it would be three straight weekends. Iā€™m not sure thereā€™s any way I could get that through.

1 Like

Thanks! I stopped looking in on the ā€˜Hat of the Dayā€™ thread because it was making me want to acquire moreā€¦and I definitely do not need that!

3 Likes

Brought this to the range this morning to try it out. Results were promising!

4 Likes

Retro Ready:

Ping Zing Blonde Driver (1)
Ping Zing Blonde Fairway Wood (7)
Mizuno MP-67 (5-PW)
Dunlop Classic Beryllium Copper 58Ā° SW
Dunlop Seve Ballesteros SB II Putter

9 Likes

And polished up to boot! Beaut of a set, canā€™t wait to see em out there

1 Like

Oh yeah. Iā€™m really looking forward to this one.

Seeing what everyone has in their bags is going to be half the fun.

3 Likes

Am I going to feel like a D-Bag showing up with my sticks that are all less then a decade old? You have to understand that Iā€™m protecting my delicate ego in not going backwards with technology. If I show up with 962ā€™s, a 975D, Tight Lies Tour 3 wood, and an original Oil Can Scotty Newport 2 and shoot the same damn score I shoot with the new shit, Iā€™d never recover.

6 Likes

no way! bring the new stuff, you still have to shoot the score. Thatā€™s the goal of the handicappingā€¦ weā€™ll see if it works.
Plus, I suddenly find myself in a similar headspace, but for the opposite reason! I tried out the goodwill persimmons the other day and seriously reconsidered the entire concept. I could not find the club face nor get the ball 30feet off the ground. Even with handicapping, Iā€™m not sure I can find a way to enjoy myself shooting 150ā€¦ If the new irons are a similar situation I may just spray paint the entire set gold and give em away as the trophy!

Just use the 7i all day if it goes awry. Fairways, fairways, fairways. A 450 yard hole is just 3 shots to the green with a smooth 150 yard 7i from any era.

2 Likes

Very bold of you to assume that if things have gone so awry that Iā€™m considering just hitting 7 iron from everywhere, that Iā€™ll be able to hit that any better lol

2 Likes

Hey, I was giving you credit. Iā€™ll have to drop down to the PW and hit the green in 5. :smiley:

2 Likes

When the shanks show up, no club in the bag is safe from them.

3 Likes

7 Likes

6 Likes

And that 2i topline for the sickos

5 Likes

Weā€™re getting dialed in.

6 Likes