Escape The Rock - Bulle Rock - May 6, 2023

Should be all good now! I don’t always get venmo notifications for some reason.

Also, if you’ve registered but haven’t paid or received payment information yet, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. We have about 20 people right now who have registered but never paid. I’ll be sending an email out to people later this week letting them know, but the deadline is FRIDAY APRIL 21 to register and pay.

How many are we up to (assuming people pay)?

Assuming everyone pays, we’re at 91!

6 Likes

Played Bulle Rock for the first time on Sunday and it kicked my ass. Hoping to get some revenge in a few weeks. Almost birdied 18 though, and picked up some study materials.

11 Likes

Thanks!

Birdie on 18 means the only ass that got kicked was Petey D’s

2 Likes

Alright folks, we’ve had some spots open up so I’m bumping back the registration deadline to THIS MONDAY (April 24) at NOON.

We’ve also got some great tee gifts lined up and some other surprises. Sign up, support the First Tee of Baltimore, and come have a good time!!

There are a handful of folks who haven’t responded to emails–you might get tagged on here or a DM from me to see if you want your spot or not.

2 Likes

Anyone sticking around Saturday evening and looking to play Sunday morning in the area? I’m traveling up from Charlottesville, VA so trying to make a weekend of it.

1 Like

If I decide to stay up there Saturday night I would be down.

1 Like

I am not a morning person and decided to head up on Friday from NOVA. I made a 1:36 tee time Friday afternoon for four, so have three open spots if anyone is interested in joining me for a practice round.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Finalizing pairings, flights, and everything today and tomorrow. If you haven’t paid, or I don’t have your handicap, please let me know so I can get that dropped into Golf Genius!

Thanks,
RH

3 Likes

Hey @RobertHunter, quick correction - my handicap should be 5.4. Finally got set up with the official GHIN app. Thanks!
Ryan Dellinger

1 Like

I just hopped on the waitlist and I’m trying to shuffle my schedule last minute to make it work. Is it too late to pay and get in the event?

1 Like

Not too late! Waitlist is a holding area pending payment. Once I get your Venmo/PayPal, I’ll move you to the roster.

1 Like

Alright, folks. Last call for payments from the following folks:

@BogeyFree99
@PhillyTheKid
@ff8549
@dwilcox15
@GB_here
@ericmarshall
@Spackler70
@DanWmson

Please send your payments today so that I can get the tee times sent out tomorrow. If you already told me that you can’t make it, no worries. I just copied and pasted the list from Golf Genius and tagged everyone on there.

Just paid. Thank you for organizing.

1 Like

Alright, everyone! We’ve almost got the tee times finalized, waiting for a few late entries to pay up. Let’s talk format—there is an NIT spot up for grabs for all competitors, and FIVE spots in the season-ending championship for Cap GC Roost members. We have 81 registered right now with a few open spots, so hopefully we’ll have 84 folks here next weekend! Should be a great time. You should receive an email from Golf Genius sometime in the next day or two with your tee times and other information about next Saturday. Now let’s get to the good stuff.

Main Competition

We’ll be playing net stroke play at 90% handicap, with triple bogey max to make sure pace of play stays brisk. Players will be split into three even flights by handicap. Each flight winner will receive a prize (a GREAT prize), and the low net in each flight by Cap GC Roost member will qualify for the season-ending championship.

NIT Qualifier

To determine the NIT qualifier, we’ll be playing a quota round on top of the individual stroke play. The quota winner, again at 90% handicap, will qualify for the Nest Invitational Tournament at PGA Frisco later this year (and receive another mystery prize). Ties will be decided as necessary based on who is still present. Thanks to Golf Genius, you won’t have to do anything to calculate these scores, just record your strokes and turn in your card. The best quota round from a Cap GC member will also qualify for the season-ending championship.

Ew, That’s Gross

The low gross scorer will receive the cheapest trophy I can find at the local thrift shop–which will probably be decorated in some way before they receive it. And the low gross Cap GC member will qualify for the season-ending championship.

18 Likes

Thanks for setting this up. Looking forward to it.

1 Like

Tee times should be arriving in your email inbox shortly!

3 Likes

First group finished and then you get to sit and wait 4 hours for my group to finish, lucky you

2 Likes