Denison Derby - 9/5 in Granville, OH

I actually liked 15 but yes 16 got me good. Stupidly tried to go for it and Ended up under some lovely pines, my buddy smartly hit 3 iron and wedge to win the hole… 17 didn’t do much either but 18 was an awesome view and super fun tee shot. I’m use to flat courses growing up in NW Ohio and living near the coast now… and sadly I saw no MILF’s by the pool, sick house tho

2 Likes

What’s even better about the course is the subtle breaks in the greens - don’t be above the hole. Some of those are absolute brutal if you miss In wrong spot like 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12!

Have fun.

2 Likes

14 too! Or do we not want to spoil that for the newbies that might putt it off the green from above the hole ?

That’s is a true statement! Excited for all those that are playing. We take an annual golf trip there and it took me multiple visits / rounds to fully appreciate the experience.

1 Like

Drink

dangit! three weeks late on joining THE NEST. Bummer. Hopefully we get deeeeep into the alternates list… good luck, boys & girls!

1 Like

So it looks like we are 2-3 deep into the alternates. Suddenly my 5th spot doesn’t seem so bad!

2 Likes

@clayrobinson21
@jasona93
@skip_muldoon

Guise, we’ve had a few more cancel and I’m going down the alternate list. I emailed you but also wanted to alert you here. Thanks!

7 Likes

Any consideration into expanding the field? Throwing hail mary’s here…

Unfortunately we’re limited by tee times. A couple RSVPs haven’t come back yet so there’s a chance of dipping into a few more on the alternate list!

1 Like

Hey @Randy did those 3 from last week all accept? I know we are a few weeks out.

@Pittsadelphia
@anon71339061
@Mjm005
@BigRightMister

Working down the alternate list–we have room if you guys can make it. I will send you guys an email RSVP later with some details and what not. Hope you can!

4 Likes

@Carlitos

Carlos! You’re in if you can make it–sent you an RSVP email

3 Likes

Can’t wait!
(Lesson from old gui: Always add yourself to the alt list)

7 Likes

One more spot to fill…

@e2reising, you’re next on the list. Just sent you an email!

1 Like

Looking forward to this!

I don’t see any trash talk or people staking their claims to the NIT spots. Maybe since it’s a Randy event we are all just going to be polite and encourage each other.

So, I am Glad to see refugees come visit my home of central Ohio. For those who have never played Denison, here’s some friendly advice —-the greens will be well watered, soft, slow and flat, so just make sure you always keep your ball well above the hole. Especially in Ohio in August, when everything is flooded. Make sure to dress in extra layers due to the lake effect marine layer, it might get a little chilly around noon. It’s a typical Rees Jones target golf layout, leave your driver at home…

8 Likes

This is getting deep into the alternates. Pondering adding my name. Would whomever I’m paired with object to me bringing my iPad and attending my virtual new dad boot camp while we play? It’d get me huge points in the new dad-off.

3 Likes

Seems to me that someone staked his claim in the North Star thread last week…

2 Likes

Haha. I haven’t been able to play for a few weeks so you won’t be getting any trash talk from me.

2 Likes

I said it to Randy in my email reply and I think I said it above, but I’m playing like butt right now (my normal game isn’t much better) and fully am expecting to finish DFL. I’m in no position to talk smack

2 Likes