Denison Derby - 9/5 in Granville, OH

3 Likes

Itā€™s a race to 100! let the worst gui ā€œwinā€!

2 Likes

I played on Friday with @Canes525 . Conditions were nice. Somewhat firm but very playable. Should be fun.

2 Likes

Donā€™t forget to wear your newest, least-broken in shoes because this course is exceptionally flat and uber walkable. If you enjoy elevation change, thereā€™s the doorā€¦give your spot to the 86th alternate.

3 Likes

A few photos from Friday

2 Likes

Iā€™ll play anyone in a $2 Nassau with no presses in honor of the big gui.

8 Likes

Thatā€™s the good stuff!

3 Likes

Hello Big Randy! Apologies for the delay. Just sent you an email, but also wanted to follow up on the Refuge.

Unfortunately I cannot make it. I thought there was zero chance it would ever get down to me on the alt list, and now I have out of town plans with the wife. Rookie mistake, I know.

Looking forward to future Ohio NLU events. Go launch em!

Eddie

No problem, thanks for the reply and email!

1 Like

@Linvillin

Youā€™re in if you can make it! Iā€™ll send you an email shortly!

And weā€™re on to @Islandties! Tyler, can you make it?

1 Like

We never made it this far down the alternate list in my dreams. Iā€™m in! Now to take all that lead tape off my putter for those Ross greensā€¦

8 Likes

Awesome! Will send an email with details shortlyā€¦

Field is set! I will email all participants with exact pairings and tee times later this week as soon as @JRB1623 and I have finalized. Trying to accommodate pairing requests while making cumulative group handicaps as even as possible.

Lastly, like @VelvetSteve, I too welcome any and all $2 Nassau (no presses) action. Can play it blind and tally it up at the end! I like to think my course knowledge will show through, like how you must be behind the hole on #6 to have a chance at birdie.

9 Likes

$2 Nassau? Leggo. Take my money (literally probably)

1 Like

I am down for 2 dollar Nassau, although it sounds like the 2 Hyde park boys are in kahoots to just take all of our money.

Is this gross or net? Asking for a friend or something.

Look out for @blackhammer too, he took all of our money at Manakiki last month, which is kind of a similar course.

2 Likes

Net, of course. Weā€™re not monsters

9 Likes

The dreaded announcer curse! :joy: fully expect to regress to my mean with no course knowledge but just excited to get out there. Looking forward to it

1 Like

@Randy - we have a game

Iā€™m going to be giving something like 8 shots (good Lord that sounds like a lot).

1 Like

@Randy youā€™re absolutely right about being above the hole on #6 - only way of making birdie. As for #7, plays much longer so always recommend an extra club. When I think about #10 the ideal angle to come into that green is definitely from the right hand side on the hill. Donā€™t even get me started on the importance of always aiming for back of the green on #12 & #13 - greens are really slow.

Enjoy it folks, an absolute blast to play Granville.

2 Likes