Cincinnati golfers

Anyone play Eagle Sticks in Zanesville recently? Back in the day it was a fun track - not sure how it ranks today.

I played it several times back in the late 90s when it was at its best. Then I played it about 10 years ago and the years had not been kind to ES.

You guys need to LET ME KNOW next time youā€™re going to be around. Purgatory is 5 minutes away from my house.

1 Like

I drive down to Cincy from Chicago to visit family often, and Iā€™ll definitely try to remember this if Iā€™m ever stopping for some golf.

Played it last spring when it was cold and rainy, course was pretty wet but greens were still fairly fast and true. I donā€™t remember it being very long but had plenty of elevation changes and interesting slopes, great views on some of the holes as well. Had a pretty fun time

Played it this summer, itā€™s still a nice course

Yo! After the glorious Duel to the Death in November, we think that Cincinnati deserves to host the next Strapped. Imagine the possibilities: Bring Big Randy home, see Neil go full Icarito at Avon Fields (par is irrelevant) and witness DJ eat his first 3 Way.

Make sure to donate and vote at the below link. We also started a Whatsapp group for Cincy guise, let me know if you want to join!

Letā€™s keep the Strapped series true to its roots and away from establishment cities like Boston.

3 Likes

Awesome, thanks @methridge! Whoops I donated again - would love to see the Strapped boys bring it to Cincy, such a prototypical Strapped city. Letā€™s make it happen!!

3 Likes

Just donated. LETS GOOO

1 Like

If a Strapped ever came to Greater Cincinnati, what would be your 3 course lineup for the fellas to play? And who could be a semi-celebrity playing partner? Iā€™d probably vote:

Avon (for Randy)
Blue Ash
Devou Park

Higher End Options for a splurge day would be:
Elks Run
Belterra

1 Like

Avon would be obligatory, and Iā€™d have 'em drive a little north to play Potterā€™s in Hamilton (selfishly, but itā€™s also a pretty great track and very similar to Avon) or Hueston Woods. Probably would round it out at Glenview.

If thereā€™s any public course to splurge on in Cincy, itā€™d have to be Stonelick or Elks Run.

2 Likes

@MerchCzar needs to be filmed by those buffalos at Stoneliick!

5 Likes

Ohhhhh man; a scene with the Bison would be DJā€™s content wet dream

2 Likes

Bison at Stonelick is a must. I would also like to see the boys walk 18 at Devou Park.

Since golf is quite affordable here there are so many options. In no particular order: Legendary Run, The Vineyard, California, Avon, Aston Oaks, Blue Ash, The Grizzly, Lassing Pointe, Boone Links, & AJ Jolly.

Plenty of options

Duff and Divot!! (I believe?)

Pretty sure I have a photo on my phone somewhere of one of them projectile shitting, which was hilarious, but I canā€™t find it at the moment.

3 Likes

Love the idea of them getting off the plane and playing Devou then hitting up Randyā€™s favorite chili joint (Assuming he has one) A little history lesson from the big guy would be a great lead in to the episode.

Money Round at Stonelick. Very getable course but has some tough holes. Special guest would have to be a former Reds player. Local Refugees in attendance for the 18th hole in the stadium seating behind the green. Could be an electric factory if the boys have a chance on the getable par 5 18th or could be a dud.

Day 3 at Avon for obvious reasons. Should be plenty of #content for that episode.

2 Likes

Stonelickā€™s green fees will be tough on the budget, could make the money round crucial.

More importantly, what is @Randyā€™s favorite chili joint? The Skyline in Fairfax? Blue Ash Chili? Pleasant Ridge Chili? Do we disown him if he is a Gold Star fan?

Exactly. What is his order? How does @Randy guide @MerchCzar thru a chili parlor menu? Could be a regional debate for the ages.

1 Like

How does gold star stay in business?

3 Likes

Bruh, Iā€™ve got deep Cincy roots (My Dad is from Finnytown and is a Bearcat), and I donā€™t need a guide at Skyline:

Two cheese coneyā€™s and 4 way. Always ask for a Coke even though you know they only have Pepsi, just to make sure they know itā€™s not ok and Coke is better.

16 Likes