Chile Pepper Classic - Albuquerque, NM | November 11

Greetings from the American Southwest! The Dry Heat Golf Club roost will be hosting the first of our three planned ‘24 season events* this November in Albuquerque. Fall is the best time of year here, and while the International Balloon Fiesta makes flights too expensive for a practical event in October (plus my son’s birthday on 10/23), early November is still primo golf season in the high desert.
(*Tumbleweed Two Ball in Phoenix early March, and a TBD event in SLC in ~June)

Competition day (Saturday 11/11) will feature an 18 hole round at Ladera Golf Course on the west side of town, followed by 9 holes of match play at the University of New Mexico North Course to determine the champion. Tee times will be set so that an additional casual 9 can be completed, so long as pace of play is maintained. Greens fees are very reasonable: $32/Ladera and $21/UNM-North-9 (low replay rate) plus $10-15 for a cart. There will be a modest entry fee to make a charitable impact and cover lunch (think handheld burritos or similar) to help with a quick turn between rounds - details TBA as we get closer.

Of course, we will also organize casual rounds Friday and Sunday for those interested in playing more golf. So please check your calendars and sign up here:

Ladera Golf Course

UNM North Course

@DryHeat

9 Likes

Stoked for this! If anyone wants to split lodging I would be interested!

1 Like

Date change

We are bumping this back one week to avoid the NIT. Top post and sign up spreadsheet are updated.

@DryHeat

1 Like

Is that @Waffles music I hear!?

3 Likes

I certainly hope so.

1 Like

Let me get approval from the queen to be out back to back weekends.

2 Likes

Very intrigued. Appreciate the long run up too. Canadians allowed?

2 Likes

Wish I could make it but have family coming into town that weekend. Enjoy!

1 Like

Yes sir!

5 weeks out! Checking again if anyone from out of town wants to split an Airbnb or something

3 Likes

This getting pushed a week is great! I’m back in baby!

3 Likes

Work just came out with a rotating Friday’s off schedule for November and December and it just happened to line up perfectly with this weekend.

I look forward to seeing you all next month.

@samba24 I am very interested in splitting lodging and possibly carpooling if you’re driving.

2 Likes

IMG_3112

1 Like

Cc: @Waffles @ComfyDouble

2 Likes

@Jpop942 I’d be down to split lodging if we wanted to all grab an Airbnb or something

3 Likes

That’d be great. @samba24 had also mentioned in an above post being interested in splitting lodging. I know @Waffles would be down if he’s able to make the trip as well.

3 Likes

I am definitely interested in lodging as a group.

4 Likes

Hey guys, I have to withdraw from the Chile Pepper Classic due to a new work conflict. Was looking forward to playing with you guys, since it looks like I’ll be joining your roost next month anyway. Hopefully I’ll be able to join you guys on the next one.

1 Like

Howdy folks - we’re just over two weeks out and I want to check in for the Friday afternoon round. The clocks change next weekend so it will get dark an hour earlier. How does a noon tee time sound - would Friday travelers be able to make that? @Jpop942 @samba24 @Waffles

1 Like

Driving will fake roughly my seven hours (assuming one stop somewhere) so that’d be tight. When is sunset? Is 1 pm pushing it?