Armchair Architect Needed: Help design backyard wedge range

Is it number of NCAA violations?

7 Likes

So how about football? :slight_smile:

ISU alum who wishes he was in the Power & Light district right now

@sundaybag what are odds course will be ready for #153’s 100holehike come June 21st??? Local clubs shutting me down…

Any word on those lids? @sundaybag

+1 Need a new hat. Waiting on the word to switch my rotation up.

Braggin’ Rights: All-time Series Illinois leads 25-13

I-L-L baby

PS- All of our coaches leave for/get kicked out to the state of Kansas

Same here!

Every comeback ever start and ends at football… Not like ISU or any other Big 12 team (hold OU) is playing football for more then shits and giggles anyways. Sad era of NCAA football. Glad to not be worried about it.

@tainer6 - what is this event you are doing? Unfortunately, not confident we will be fully grown in yet but we might!

@DietSlicer - still working on lids. We are still testing the black snap backs with red BCN flag logo. We got a second trial last week and it came in the exact same as the original one. The logo is just too big. The embroiderer is trying to be helpful and maximizing the space which is absolutely not what we want. It’s frustrating. Still dialing in an imperial order. Trigger shy is an understatement. We will make it happen pre golf season.

1 Like

Would love a BCN rope hat, white hat with the red rope and the barn logo? or some other logo?

Just a big fan of rope hats

2 Likes

Big rope hat guy as well.

1 Like

We have officially made it beyond phase one. Tree removal is officially complete. Entering phase 2, raking and stick pick up, we logged 16 hours of unrewarding work.

We were lucky enough to have local member, Parker Corrin, come out and help on Saturday. Started out tearing apart a few downed trees:
IMG_7136

Took down the last tree protecting the uphill Redan hole #6. This hole is going to be so fun:
IMG_7139

Stayed at the Redan hole for a few more hours raking, picking up sticks and preparing for soil manipulation. Here are a few pictures showing the natural slope.

From #7 tee:
IMG_7178

From the front left:
IMG_7171

Directly behind the green in line with the tee. Hopefully you can see the slope:
IMG_7179

Popped down to 5 green/6 tee area to check out the situation. Keep in mind, this are was overrun with vines. What we found was not all that nice. The entire terrain is covered in 3 inches of leaves, sticks and other natural material. Sick!:
IMG_7145

5 green before:
IMG_7143

10 UTV truck loads later:
IMG_7146

Did I mention this is unrewarding work? Sheesh.

Got to working on the grass bunker that will sit to the far left of 5 green in a natural impression. This marks the first time actually working and shaping the ground. Exciting for sure:

Before:
IMG_7184

During. Yes it’s all rock…:
IMG_7187

After:
IMG_7190

Uncovered this rotten, hollow stump. Thinking about keeping it until it completely rots out. Adds character:
IMG_7192

Finished the weekend working on the shared 1 and 7 green. Again, picking up sticks and raking. Nothing I’d be able to show in pictures but necessary none the less. @BCNSuper took the UTV out and did some donuts to rip up the turf and flatten out the ruts the skid steer made last week during the bridge building process.

Now what? Gotta keep hitting the raking and stick pick up hard for the next two weeks. We absolutely have to burn these piles sometime before mid April. Some of the wood is still wet and the rain isn’t helpful. At some point, we have to force the issue. Luckily, the green complexes and tee boxes are free and clear. Will be outlining complexes and tees preparing for pre-sod aeration this upcoming weekend which is very exciting.

#Bestmembershipingolf

15 Likes

I cannot wait to see this place on like year 5, once the work has been done and you guys can kick your feet up and admire. Your dedication to this project is simply stunning and inspiring.

Proud International Member

2 Likes

That rotten stump looks gnarly - I vote keep it!

3 Likes

Question:
Do you think you guys will have the budget to add a water feature? #Majestic

8 Likes

Thanks man. Might sound wild but really hope 5 years from now, BCN will be looked upon as the jump off point for something important in the game. Would love to have another 5-10 of these completed across the US by then. No time to kick the old feet up, ya know?

7 Likes

The boys have big dreams! LOVE IT!

P.S. This place is going to be junior golf dreams!

3 Likes

Walking 100+ holes in a day… it’s the golfers equivalent of running a marathon.

http://www.hundredholehike.com/

Have you completed? My virgin voyage this year…

1 Like

Doing it for any specific cause?