Armchair Architect Needed: Help design backyard wedge range

I think you can edit the pronunciation through member bylaws. Word on the street is it’s actually “Agoosta” National…

3 Likes

Unfortunately, I did not win the Mega Millions last night. I’ve been working up a master plan to execute after I won. Here was the idea for a playable 6-hole routing.

#1: Road Hole, 115 yds. Slight uphill shot to a large green.
#2: Redan Hole (Shoreacres), 88 yds - 70 to front of green, 92 to back of green. Slightly elevated tee
#3: Biarritz Hole (Chicago Golf). 78 yds - 63 to front, 89 to back. Significantly elevated tee.
#4: Creek Hole (#15 ANGC). 97 yds. False front sloping to the creek.
#5: Hells Half Acre (Pine Valley). 85 yds. Hitting to a blind green with a significant slope. Here is a bad picture showing the natural slope. It is roughly 20 feet higher from the low area by the creek and where 5 tee would be. 3 tee and 5 green location shown.

#6: Don’t go long hole (Sawgrass). 102 yds. Creek hugging the right and back right side of the green. Green in lowest part of the property, tee at the highest.

All trees on the property besides a select 4 trees would be taken down. Zoysia grass installed throughout the entire property (think ANGC around 9 and 18 green, 10 tee) No rough anywhere and loosely defined teeing grounds. Legit greens installed. Creek cleaned up, but left natural. Fescue grass planted on the slope behind 2 green (Redan) up to where Devils Half Acre would be. Large privacy trees installed down the entire right side of the property line (South side). 8 foot brick wall installed right by the road on the West side of the the property (mostly built to stop bad shots going into the road and to install lights/not bother neighbors). Stadium lights installed so you can play during the night. Maintained by a grass cutting robot.

3 loops is 18 holes. Variable tee boxes installed throughout.

This is my The Buck Club.

12 Likes

This is by far my favorite thread at The Refuge, I can only hope I’m one day in the area of BCN and get the access to play it, I will come bearing 24 mint condition range balls.

6 Likes

as this project progresses a bit more and you’re able to play a few of these holes, I think we need the full NLU video presentation treatment for BCN. Drone footage, @Soly narration, interview segment with @sundaybag and the other guys involved in the project, maybe this could even be a bonus episode of a season of Strapped if the guys do one centered around Kansas City

3 Likes

I mean… obviously couldn’t be any more down for that.

On a serious note, we hope to have the course playable by mid May, early July time frame. We have more burning to do and unfortunately, the only realistic spot to do it is in the middle of the big field. We will continue to take out some trees and brush throughout the winter and will get it all burned up before spring arrives. We need to get grass to come in where the burn has/will happen and on the other side of the creek where the Golden Bell/Redan hole is. Right now it is just weeds and not turf. The turf is really the only thing that makes the course not “open” right now.

The plan is to get everything cleaned up to where it is easy maintenance all summer. We will seed and fertilize first thing when the weather allows.

Once the turf grows in, we will absolutely be having a get together. Everyone is invited - national members and all. Absolutely will be doing drone footage, keg beer, and all day competitions on the course. We have a buddy who is proven with video and audio editing, so be looking out for a hype video in the next 6 months (haha).

14 Likes

cc Corporate Suite…

Strapped INSIDE KC would be mostly run of the mill public access courses with fountains and shit

Strapped OUTSIDE of KC though…like minimum 30 min. into the country…they can really send it there.

Sincerely,
Go Chiefs

5 Likes

cough I am willing to spend $35 on a hat with the BNC barn logo on it cough

@DroppingDeuces is deep in the weeds right now trying to figure out how to acquire merch that is sick. He was saying that everything besides this Khaki bucket looks stupid with the barn.

3 Likes

I also like the light grey in addition to the khaki. I’d recommend lighter colors overall.

2 Likes

older logo version on this, but here’s another good one. worth noting we aren’t the MAGA types here at BCN

4 Likes

Howeva, a MAGA style hat that was “Make TBC Great Again” with the barn logo on the side would be sick.

4 Likes

what about a hat patch with a simplified barn…forgive my lack of artistic talent, but I was thinking:

2 Likes

Absolutely see where you are going with that logo. That general idea for a patch seems way better for a hat with a bill. Actually looks like a legit patch.

Also, happy to have you on as a National Member. Your contributions to BCN will never go unrewarded.

2 Likes

As an expert in the application of Tax Increment Financing and STAR Bonds in Kansas I took it upon myself to look into the availability of potential financial incentives on behalf of BCN.

Unfortunately, due to the fact that project is unlikely to result in increased property values, and might be actively diminishing them, plus the lack of generated taxable sales, my estimate of the amount of tax incentives available to the project is $0.

I’ll accept payment for these services in an amount consemurate with the value that I have provided BCN.

2 Likes

Happy to present this to you for your professional service. Excited to have another contributing national member on board. Hope that you will accept this payment in good faith.

2 Likes

Awesome!!

I’ll have to try and make it down for the grand opening!

I used to be down there all the time for work, but thankfully the last couple of years I’ve been able to do things remotely and rely on our in person staff down there.

2 Likes

A Man Without a Country Club
King of the Hill, Season 6, Episode 15

This should be required viewing for all BCNGC Members. Fast forward to the 23:18 mark to see another neighborhood golf club get it’s start:

4 Likes

We have been in the lab. We are now in bed with #hightech. Hold, please.

IMG_5754

IMG_5751

IMG_5753

IMG_5752

1 Like

Are you going to do green reading books? Will you sell hand-made embossed leather holders for said books?

2 Likes

Yardage/green reading books? Absolutely. They will be mobile-only. Save the trees, ya know? Due to that, we will have embossed iPhone cases in place of leather-bound yardage book holders.