Armchair Architect Needed: Help design backyard wedge range

I just can’t sit and wait for an hour for a table to open, at 11:00AM, on a Tuesday. It is ridiculous! (Q39)

Agree though, the Z-man will always be my favorite BBQ sandwich.

And yes, they serve it out of a gas station. No it isn’t a quick pit stop:

2 Likes

WTF. I grew up in Hayward! Lived there for 19 years.
Yes, met Dave Anderson many times, our family knew him well. Shame what happened to the original on Round Lake.

BBQ is America’s contribution to civilisation.

5 Likes

really is a shame. Anytime we had guests for any amount of time, invariably we went to Famous Daves. Still see him often tooling around the lake on his jet skis. Nice guy. We’ve had our cabin since 2000.

No better spot for a cabin. Our family owned Northwood Outdoor, little spot right beside the Subway that sells outdoor deck furniture and storage buildings.
I was just back in town for a family get together on Lac Corte Orreiles.

1 Like

Wow. We buy furniture from you.

2 Likes

I drive by Joe’s every day on my way home from work. I also started salivating at the photo of the Z-Man. Best sandwich in the city, IMO.

Amazing. Let me know if they give you any trouble. :joy:

@paul @GRWhitehead Have you guys been to the Lost Land Lake Lodge? It’s my uncle’s place! Love snowmobiling up in that area and Round Lake is the best recreational lake I’ve ever been on.

1 Like

good lord, what’s happening here? Of course I’ve been to Lost Land, best fish fry in the area. Great place to snowmobile to (have many times)

2 Likes

Awesome! I’m sure you’ve met him then (giant, loud guy named Chris you probably either loved or hated and nothing in between), a few years back they went up every weekend to look after the place/snowmobile/get hammered.

2 Likes

My unsustainable passion for my hometown is flairing.

Start: Gates Burnt Ends & cream soda
Sit: Any Joe’s location not in KCK
Sleeper: Rosedale BBQ

Guys, Kansas City is blooming and the Oasis on the Plains is ready for anyone. You think it’s flyover and most the actual city is in the other state, but Kansas City has [not only the 2nd most fountains in the world, but] it’s current cultural status to thank from just a handful of devout individuals & families ($$$$$) who believed in their city (s/o JC Nichols).

@sundaybag have you even realized what you’ve done??

• BCN is up and running, and out of town visitors are a steady, but not overwhelming, presence
  • Said visitors have time to kill after sundown, and realize that Chiefs Kingdom is something they always needed but never knew
  • Looking around, they are aware that the private club offering is stout in Johnson County, but public courses do not stand on much solid ground comparatively
  • Since BCN is woke, the wokeness of the audience also has connection to woke builders
  • Said woke builders come out and see that the flint hills is not actually geographically located where Flint Hills National is and realizes what terrain is actually in Eastern Kansas (surprise!)
  • Logo is created and merch is sold, funding secured, congrats, you just built Sweeten’s West
2 Likes

We seem to be hijacking this thing but of course I’ve been there!
Cold winter day doing construction, they served us some mean chili. Would stop there and Louie’s Landing.

So random, not often you meet people that could point to Hayward on a map.

1 Like

Love all this.

This. Could you imagine a big, natural course out there in the flint hills, playing at sunset with the cows roaming in the background? Would be incredible.

This any good for golf?

4 Likes

giphy

5 Likes

If you go to a game at Arrowhead/Kauffman and don’t stop at LC’s along the way, you are doing it wrong.

Jack Stack has the best sides and it’s not close.

RIP Hillsdale Bank BBQ - the most underrated sauce out there.

3 Likes

Heard great things about LC’s. Haven’t been yet. Admittedly, try and avoid that part of time if not attending a game and usually tailgating takes precedent.

1 Like

We usually stop there to get food for our tailgate because it’s right on the shortcut to avoid 435/70. It’s not exactly a place you want to dine in at, I think its record of health code violations is long and impressive.

If a BBQ joint doesn’t have a rap sheet of health code violations, not sure I want to eat there. Kinda why I pause a bit looking at the fine dinning establishment that is Jack Stacks. Hopefully the kitchen is anything but.

5 Likes

When your comment has nothing to do with the thread, but it’s #900 so you feel important

7 Likes