Armchair Architect Needed: Help design backyard wedge range

Now we are cooking with gas! Thanks for the help. I will see if he’s down to donate his time to BCN haha.

With a name like Ben Slow you are destined to be an artist… Either an artist or a Big 10 QB at Purdue or some shit.

3 Likes

“Hey man, were you the guy on the Refuge showing off your scorecard art at one point?”
“I’m sorry. What?”
“The Refuge… the internet forum for No Laying Up.”
“I have no clue what you are talking about.”
“Oh my fault… Well while I have you, would you be interested in donating your talents for a little side project at my golf course?”
“You have a golf course?”
“Technically yes. It’s set up in my backyard. It’s not quite finished yet but people are very interested in it. We have a national membership comprised of random strangers that met on the internet and might even get a trophy soon!”

/Ben Slow hangs up and quits the internet forever

13 Likes

I just wonder if his parents named him pre- or post-birth…

Mom: This kid seems kind of stupid.
Dad: Yeah, maybe we made a mistake by naming him Joe.
Mom: Can we change it?
Dad: Sure. How about Benjamin?
Mom: As in Ben? Ben Slow?
Dad: Yeah, he has always been slow.
Mom: It’s perfect. Let’s try to make another baby.
Dad: Okay, but a smart one this time.
Mom: I love you.
Dad: I love.

Brown chicken; brown cow. Tongue-swallowing and ripping off clothes commence.

2 Likes

So true. So Brutal. :sob::sob::sob:

I worked at an agency and manage the website for my current company. Hit me up and we can chat through the best damn website in golf.

1 Like

@jeffbagnall graciously helped me out with all the back end plumbing for the site. I’m not creative or artistic at all and could certainly use some help with that piece.

1 Like

We will be on-site today getting some work done. Will have an update on what we get done.

@BCNSuper got to mess around with the embroidery machine last night.

Looks like he is dialing his sewing skills. More to come on this. As always, would love ideas for sick merch items!

4 Likes

2 is definitely showing improvement there :rofl:

2 Likes

Update!

Got out for a solid 4 hour work day this weekend. We worked on the ridge behind hole #2 to open up the airflow and provide more sunlight to that green area. We took down around 7 trees - some larger than others. Also got all the sticks, leaves, and other debris off 2 green area. Takes longer than it sounds!

Before:
IMG_5929

After:
IMG_5944

This also got us our first true look at three tee shot. The green will be between the station wagon and blue truck. Pole barn is less in the way than it looks:

We plan to have the entire ridge taken down here in the next few weeks. Thanksgiving weekend should give me an opportunity to pop out there for a day or two of work if the weather holds up.

Got the skid steer up and running and over to BCN. This will be a game changer if this 1960’s beast can stay with us for ~10 hours of work:

We had a few visitors stop by. Really excited for everyone to meet the neighbor, Darren. Dude has lived on this land for 40 years. He has my head in a tizzy as he told me we could build holes on this 20 acre valley he owns “as long as I can still ride my 4-wheeler through it”. Video coming later this week of this character:

More new member ball marks came in. If you haven’t received your new member letter, look out for it later this week.

18 Likes

This is shaping up nicely. I’m long / bullish on Darren!!

This seems to be something NLU should be covering, or at least get a profile in The Golfer’s Journal!!! But it will all transpire organically as it has so far.

5 Likes

I would be bullish on Darren. He has stories for days and you will never see him without a chainsaw and a 6 pack of bud heavy in a cooler while riding his 4-wheeler.

NLU and the Refugees are the reason we are committing to this, so will be forever grateful to them for having this platform in the first place. Hopefully in the next few weeks the vision will become more clear and worth talking about. If someone finds what we are doing interesting, I’d love to talk further about it. It is all I can think about/talk about anyways haha.

6 Likes

Darren = BCN version of the Kohler’s Whistling Straights Logo.

13 Likes

Wow that is spot on!

2 Likes

he’s one hell of a country singer

Darren is the man we needed that we never knew.

1 Like

Haha that man is way too cleaned up to be Darren. He said he was wearing his “going out” outfit that day.

yeah, but he made make think of him. I’m sure he can’t play the guitar as well either.

1 Like

No idea what he does up there in the woods. Pretty sure he has minimal electricity and is using all the wood we’ve chop down to heat his house this winter.

You’re making KCK sound like foothills of Appalachia…which may be sort of true but don’t sell our homeland short!