Alamo Duel - Charitable Update (Post #3544)

“baygg”

3 Likes

Baaaaaag

Find it hilarious that I’ve checking this box as Yes for the Magdalena Donation:

“I am making this gift on behalf of my company/organization”

Going to need the Pro Traj corp card…shout out CFO @Randy

3 Likes

This guy…this guy knows

2 Likes

Still mad you don’t sound like Matt Damon in the Departed.

3 Likes

25 years in Colorado, my wife (from Dickinson ND) still gets grief from her friends over the way she pronounces bag.

“Hey Tina, say bag!”

7 Likes

BAGEL

this is a complete sentence

Now that I have made it through 1000 real life emails, my brain isn’t a bowl of jello and my arms arent over cooked noodles, here is my piece.

Big shout out to @BaxterMSP and @anon47037505 for arguing enough over whatever it was to get this thing going. Also huge shoutout to all chairguis for all of the work and prep that went into this between the tee times to the merch!

Day 1 as I was heading to the quarry I was definitely feeling a little bit nervous about meeting up with a bunch of internet strangers and everyone could not have been nicer and better people. The quarry was an awesome time, @DuckDuckHook @Zocco and KBANDUJO completed a great foursome. Shoutout @the_korn_ferry for absolutely getting in my head with his subtle call outs of @cgroom going even on the front.

CGROOM I had a blast getting to know you on saturday and as I said on the course that day, I meant no disrespect with the persimmon! You too are a gentleman and made fine push there towards the end. Trust me when I say that I never did or would again expect to start out that hot. JBPAYNE I’m sure glad you were around to keep score because where I was at in my mind was completely delusional after the hot start. @AndrewL you were a phenomenal teammate and had a great push to tie that thing up.

Am I still a little salty about CHAPTITS completely big timing me on the driver head cover? Listen, For Sureeee, Do I also respect the hell out of it? Absolutely! I had a great time with everyone that we played with that night! Im starting to run out of @s over here.

Sunday at Boot Ranch was amazing, shout out to our host @bored_6m, we need to meet up in the next couple weeks and discuss our team up for the Texas branch of the RACDAQ (?)! @SNELLBROTHERS thanks again for the ride up and I hope you made if back to god’s country all right, I’ll give yall a shout next time I am in your part of the world and we can go out and try not to get snakebit at Hogan. NANDERSON LERIC CRABBY JBPAYNE yall are sickos and I have no idea how you are still down in Austin hitting balls.

BAXTERMSP I just want you to know that while I am not a grandson of Norman Green, I am a big stars fan. I am sorry for your loss of your team but I hope that you can respect that the people of DFW are thankful for their team and that we are trying to keep up the great traditions of fandom that you started!

I definitely missed people in this but thank you to everyone that had any part in it, this could not have been more fun with a better group of people. I look forward to seeing a bunch of yall at the Fort Worth Qualifier!

Also: Thanks for all of the wedding advice for pretty one everyone that listened to me bitch about wedding planning this weekend!

10 Likes

:revolving_hearts:

3 Likes

@jbpayne32 @TexasWedge @Snellspace @anon26814599 @imsocrabby @leric90 @SaveMuny @KBandujo Please see above!

4 Likes

God damn it…fine, you’re forgiven. ::::grits teeth::::: You’re even welcome to join us in MN for our August event. Assuming you purchase a North Stars t shirt and wear that instead.

4 Likes

Hell yes, hopefully this weekend gives us some momentum as we now know a lot of each other across the state and who live across town in our massive, traffic-riddled metroplexes.

2 Likes

It was great FINALLY meeting you, sir! You’re definitely a class act, and it was great talking with you. Youre Pappy is on the way to you!

2 Likes

Is there a thread for this yet?

I think this is kind of our unofficial meeting place

2 Likes

My man! I was gonna shoot you a dm, thanks for sending that down!

1 Like

I would like to thank everyone for converging on San Antonio from all parts of the globe. @JoshBres from London with the greatest accent of all time. @Sarah from the town that Hot Rod is filmed in Canadia

To all you other sickos from Cali to Bahston to New York, thank you. Without your willingness to drop everything to play golf in a city most have never been to, none of these would ever happen.

@jbrooks, @Lazstradamus, @BaxterMSP and @anon47037505, thank you so much with your help organizing the whole thing.

Special shout out to @anon24718094 for making the sick yardage books and going ham with your donations.

Jeremy, we couldn’t have done it without you as the local chairgui and your insider knowledge on everything from The Pearl to the Par 3 to Magdalena House for our charitable efforts was critical to this event being as successful as it was. Thank you.

Laz, thank you for pushing me to do something out of my comfort zone and play an administrative role for this event. Also thank you for dealing with Lauren. IYKYK

Matt, no one truly knows how much work you put into this weekend. It would have been a train wreck without your behind the scenes effort. Thank you for handling the auction items, the finances and the baaaaag taaaags. I along with everyone else cannot wait to hear what our total amount raised for Magdalena House is.

Derek, thank you for graciously hosting half the group at Briggs. It was a great time with great people. Congrats on the victory, the belt buckle is sweet.

@bored_6m, thank you for the awesome time on Sunday. Benjamin and I were both in awe of the course and I cannot wait to get back there. I’ll have to disguise a trip for ice cream as a golf weekend.

@hellerhighwater, you got serious game. Never giving up, always grinding, respect. I had a blast in our match, hopefully we can find a way to play as a team in the future.

To those of you I have met before, it was great seeing you again. And to those I met for the first time, it was a pleasure. Hopefully we will tee it up again soon. (Apologies, it is impossible to mention everyone on here)

Lastly, @texaswedge, what can I say. I am glad I was there for your first ace.

Honestly, I think I was more excited about it than you were. But that’s the class act that you are, ho hum ace. No big deal, just like when Dad made an ace when you were a kid. He was all proud and beaming and you innocently asked, “Isn’t that what you’re supposed to do?” Congrats on doing what you’re supposed to do in golf. Hopefully I will be as cool as you someday.

33 Likes

We’ve really got to get the 2020 Refuge Texas Open presented by 5PM Metroplex Traffic rolling.

4 Likes

I think making this an annual event has to be a consideration. The city could be revolving, but having an annual Refuge Texas Open is GOLDEN.

12 Likes

Alright who is ponying up and buying Wolf Point Club

4 Likes