Alamo Duel - Charitable Update (Post #3544)

6 Likes

Oh man! The backstory here is that thereā€™s a 10-year-old Bryson running around in full emulator mode. The scripting, the 47" sand wedge, the slow play and big boy gainz. I only tell the full story when weā€™re friends enough to laugh at children.

2 Likes

Okay, folks, need to settle something with @RobertHunter here. If you yell at a ball to ā€œturn overā€ mid flight, in addition to being #earnestballtalkergui, you are specifically asking for the ball to do the following:

• Fade
  • Draw
  • Either, just move the way you want it to

0 voters

If you said ā€œeitherā€ you must reveal yourself. so we can appropriately argue and duel.

10 Likes

Thank you. Is there a way to edit the poll after Iā€™ve posted to show who voted for which?

3 Likes

nah will delete the votes

Voted draw - but now I canā€™t think of what an earnest ball talker gui would say if they wanted a ball to keep fading.

Thereā€™s all manner of directional words in the English language you could use. But ā€œturn overā€ ainā€™t it because itā€™s specific to how the ball comes off your club. You know, as in literally turning your club over the ball.

2 Likes

PRECISELY

1 Like

Cut!

10 Likes

Itā€™s still not ā€œturnover.ā€

2 Likes

YES! Thank you.

This is the only right answer.

2 Likes

Your continued self-confidence in the face of physics, the Oxford English Dictionary, and common idiomatic speech is admirable.

1 Like

Yes. Cut or. Come back. (pull cut)

1 Like

Cut a little for me

Sorry that I didnā€™t go to golf lingo school growing up and literally just tell the ball what I want it to do ĀÆ\__(惄)_/ĀÆ

1 Like

Regardless, yelling ā€œturn overā€ doesnā€™t help you at all. Only way to make a ball move is to swear at it and curse yourself, everyone knows that.

2 Likes

listen, I may be the biggest fan of ā€œwrong but confidentā€.

2 Likes

please point to me what part of this definition is sinister in nature, or directional at all