Alamo Duel - Charitable Update (Post #3544)

A cut or slice “turns under”

7 Likes

there needs to be more night par 3 courses, I think it could solve a lot of world problems

3 Likes

First step is acceptance.

If you’re going to talk to the ball - you have to speak it’s language.

3 Likes

See, now we’re getting into some real vocab. Sinistral means to the left, so you could use some variant of that if you wanted the ball to cut. But only if you’re a left-hander.

5 Likes

In Football Punters want the kick to “turn over” becasue the nose of the football spiraling goes further when it reaches its apex then noses DOWN.

In golf a Cut is like Nosing up and not going further. Draws go further. that big hooky topspin “TURNS OVER” the backspin to roll out.

2 Likes

Ask anybody I played with this weekend, I don’t have trouble getting the ball to cut.

3 Likes

How’s bragging camp going

1 Like

Farther.

12 Likes

You did on 16 at TPC.

1 Like

People use both further and farther to mean “more distant.” However, American English speakers favor farther for physical distances and further for figurative distances.

TIL!

1 Like

We all ended up left and therefore I blame the wind for that one.

okay who picked just fade I didn’t go to golf lingo school and even I know that’s wrong

6 Likes

Can confirm. Works that power fade!

2 Likes

Feeling a little off this morning…looked in the mirror and saw this staring back:

Thanks @anon47037505

7 Likes

Future fundraiser idea:

1. Collect Instagram usernames from participants.
  2. Day 1 of the meetup. You meet 12xMark, 8xKyle and 6xJohn. You consume a bunch of alcohol. You think, “Man that John/Kyle/Mark guy was pretty cool!”
  3. Day 2, Duel tee time in one hour. You quietly catch folks in the parking lot and say, “You’re paired with Mark, Kyle and John this morning. I have a spreadsheet that contains their name, their handle and a wallet sized image of their face. $100 and its yours.”

11 Likes

This might have been my favorite golf moment of the day. I notice the IG story cut away right as I hit. And it did the same thing before I drained the recall putt. Scummy.

2 Likes

That’s an issue for @TexasWedge…he was the cameraman.

1 Like

I posted a picture above. Someone just link it over.

1 Like

I blame IG for not putting up the entirety of that video, but its a minute long and includes an interview with @anon47037505 after he drains the recall. Things were moving quickly that afternoon and the story must not split the whole video like I thought it did when I selected what I was adding. Scummy.

5 Likes

@TexasWedge regrets the error…

he made up for his sins though

3 Likes