Alamo Duel - Charitable Update (Post #3544)

I think @therealmarkymark was in over his head with the sauce all weekend. Kidding!

3 Likes

You actually napped? I thought you guys went straight to the range at San Pedro after BBQ?

It’s a look, folks. @anon24718094 is a good sport.

19 Likes

That’s it, seeing all these posts has increased my FOMO even more. Need to get to one of these this year.

2 Likes

Nyc rock spring has 37 entrants right now, can always make it 38

1 Like

Woah woah, that’s within driving distance too.

2 Likes

Haha, all good man, it was a fun loop, just a little more tactical than expected.

2 Likes

Well guise, the time in San Antonio is coming to an end. Wow. Where do I even begin?

First and foremost, a big thanks to @BaxterMSP and @anon47037505 for getting in to an internet fight, and having to square off where all of us sickos could attend and be witness to the debauchery. You two are class acts for sure. It was fantastic getting a “front row” seat being in the same group as you two!

TexasWedge is a champ. Literally. Things were tight between the two of us, but end the end, he beat me 2 & 1. You played well, sir. And fantastic job on the ACE!

@DuckDuckHook @therealmarkymark @Zocco our time together at The Casbah was ‘memorable’ to say the least! Especially last night. I hope I never have an experience with you all again that mimics last night (water faucet in shower breaking at 13:30am, and Zocco running out in his boxers saying that he couldn’t shut the water off. And those gun shots at 3:30am. 2nd Amendment folks!). Kyle, special thanks for driving me around and helping me find my golf shoes this morning. Also, thanks for taking all that whiskey off my hands so I didn’t have to pack it for the trip back home. Speaking of booze…

Thanks to RCJ and FishNChips12 for hooking me up with coveted Jester King beer! Because of you two, my suitcase now weights well over 50 lbs, and Im sure I will be paying extra baggage fees to Southwest Airlines. Great job!

@Lazstradamus @RobertHunter jsteve15 bored_6m rka ajsHTX DuckDuckHook brandlescramblee JoshBres It was great playing with you all and having great conversations while walking the courses we played on. You all are fantastic players!

Shoutout to @VelvetSteve for the awesome hour-long conversation over BBQ. Obviously you are super humble and a classy guy. And what a discovery of your favorite restaurant in Chicago being the same restaurant I work at! Ha!

@imsocrabby @Sarah You ladies are incredible. With all the testosterone flying everywhere (along with our golf balls), you ladies showed us men what it takes to play and have fun. You both have infectious personalities and character.

jbrooks & Snellspace Thank you guys for a rocking good time in SAT. The hospitality you showed me and everyone else is something I will never forget. As I was saying to anotherballromes and rmaas91 last night, coming to Texas is always fun for me. There is no other state in the Union that has residents who are more proud of the state they come from. Unbelievable hospitality from all the locals. Wow.

While it was such a whirlwind and overwhelming experience to meet everyone for the first time, I am leaving today knowing that I made so many new friends. What more can I say?

Thanks again everyone for a great weekend!

39 Likes

You are all class. (@anon24718094 failed to note that he drank (at least some of) a horrid Margarita made by an overmatched young woman at the bar after the real bartender had skedaddled, as well as donned the jersey of his most-hated FC, in accordance with the Order of the Refuge Supreme Court.)

But you should go and play, and have a blast!

15 Likes

The faucet broke in my hand! wtf

1 Like

This is too kind

@anon24718094 manages to be the most salt of the earth, good guy while also giving off vibes of knowing all the best restaurants and having connections at the best boutiques in several major US cities. Unreal

Also I found the bar we ought to have made it to at some point (Blue Box Bar). People were getting real loose for a Sunday afternoon.

7 Likes

Where is the thread for that?

Roll call nyc metro

2 Likes
3 Likes

Well, that sure was a great way to spend a weekend! It was amazing to get to know so many golf sickos and put some faces to names.

Shoutout to my playing partners at The Quarry - @RobertHunter, @therealmarkymark, and @anotherballromes (It’s weird to have to come all the way to San Antonio to play with someone who lives 2 mins from me and frequents my home track Memorial Park). Let’s get out there soon.

As for my duel with @FishNChips12 - it truly was an average demonstration of athletic ability where neither of us wanted it…and it was a blast trekking Brack with you. We’re going to have to settle our All Square finish eventually…

Finally, shoutout to @cgroom for the hospitality at TPC San Antonio. The conditions were tough, but @RobertHunter, @anon24718094, @DuckDuckHook, and I grinded through.

For anyone on the fence thinking about attending a refuge meetup or if you’re lurking in the background like me, don’t hesitate! This was an experience to remember and I’ll be looking to get to another one soon.

21 Likes

I 100% agree with this. I understand the hesitance and fear of meeting internet strangers, but honestly we are all sickos in the same way!

I copy Alex’s sentiment to not hesitate. It’s so much fun guise. Tiring. Exhausting. And having to power through like you never have before.

10 Likes

One of the casualties of the Alamo Duel

21 Likes

The shaft is in my car, may turn it into a microphone for future Refuge meetups

19 Likes

That would be a worthy retirement for it.

1 Like

This should be dipped in bronze and presented to a poor soul each duel.

2 Likes