Alamo Duel - Charitable Update (Post #3544)

@DuckDuckHook at TPC San Antonio

17 Likes

Thought this was a vest, no polo look for a second.

3 Likes

Rest assured, Refuge, that as the current steward of the Kline Cup, I recognize that itā€™s the Peopleā€™s Trophy, and as such it wonā€™t be shut away under lock and key. As I travel, so will the Cup, and all will be given the opportunity have their moment with it. Today, many of the fine folks at Sabor Cocina laid eyes upon the Cup for the first time.

21 Likes

Theyā€™re putting up the bleachers on 18 for the Valero Open.

5 Likes

Iā€™m convinced this weekend was as much fun as you can have in one day of golf for under $100. Brackenridge Park and San Pedro are great unique places to play, and Iā€™m really thankful that @anon47037505 and @BaxterMSP chose to duel here. Thanks to @Snellspace and @Lazstradamus for their huge roles in organizing this event, and thanks to @cgroom and @anon24718094 for the wedges and yardage books. I also appreciate everyone who donated money to Magdalena House, and everyone who bought items in the auction to raise money. It feels good help out a local charity that really values the money we raised.

The highlight of the weekend was definitely @TexasWedgeā€™s ace. The dude took ā€œact like youā€™ve been there beforeā€ to a whole new level. He was so calm he played with the ball on the next hole with junk down the left side.

If you havenā€™t been to one of these events you need to get one on your calendar. It is crazy how easy it is to have fun with a bunch of random refugees, and you finally get to put faces with usernames.

26 Likes

Amen.

2 Likes

I can only assume this is the procession taking @BaxterMSP to his final resting place after being defeated by @anon47037505

24 Likes

I met @bmb430 when we got randomly paired at an event in 2018. I think he was playing 20 year old irons at the time and complained that he wasnā€™t getting any ā€œhelpā€ from the clubsā€™ lack of tech. It was still the prettiest ball flight Iā€™d ever seen. Stoked to see him make it to JB for November.

4 Likes

Post more pictures, people. I barely took any :frowning:

1 Like

Did anybody run into Bernie celebrating last night?

8 Likes

Iā€™m quite a few dollars lighter after this weekend so Iā€™m assuming so.

7 Likes

Had a nice chat with @bmb430 on the range in 30 mph gusts a few weeks back at the Rustic qualifier. Great guy and ambassador for us Californians in the refuge, glad you got through to Jax dude ! Will be rooting for ya

4 Likes

Windā€™s out, skinā€™s out, baby

4 Likes

Likewise! It was a great walk. The golf I put out there, well, tough scene for most of the round. Grinding out stroke play for the Net/NIT event when youā€™re playing a match, but not playing well, is not a great look. Lesson learned.

The Par 3 course was just what the doctor ordered to get the bad taste out of my mouth and, in whatever small way, redeem my game, if only to myself. Incredible way to end things.

Echoing everyone elseā€™s posts all around, it was an awesome hang. It was an impeccable event from our organizers and duelers. The courses! The headcovers! The wedges! pin flags! yardage books! bag tags! whew!

Canā€™t wait to see a few of you again soon in Scotland and to every one else, canā€™t wait to hit another one of these and do it again.

9 Likes

@DuckDuckHook @ajsHTX @anon24718094 @RobertHunter

Post round beers and brunch at TPC San Antonio! We are DEAD! Back 9 was super windy, exposed and brutal. @ajsHTX and I won Best Ball 2 & 1.

What a great end to the weekend. All of you are awesome, and I loved laughing with so many of you. Iā€™m planning on sleeping for the next week. So dead.

24 Likes

Big thanks to everyone who put this weekend together. It took a Refuge event to convince me to drive 30 miles to experience two awesome courses in my city for the first time that Iā€™ll definitely be getting back to ASAP. Enjoyed meeting everyone, definitely holler if youā€™re ever back in the neighborhood and want to go walk Brack again.

(Iā€™ve got some demons on that Par 3 18th I need to get rid of)

3 Likes

Going to leave this here for @Sarah @imsocrabby @VelvetSteve

4 Likes

Yea that was me. Iā€™ve made a personal vow to not play golf in the dark from now on. Glad youā€™re ok haha

2 Likes

Work drugs

8 Likes

I burned it. Along with all of the tequila in the entire city of San Antonio!

3 Likes