A thread for the Texas folks

Ha no it’s endearing. I want another crack at it because I played Quite poorly!

That and I think we’d struggle to find a place this late notice.

What’s up y’all. I’m from MN and I’m considering planning a trip to the DFW area sometime in the first half of December. I’m looking to play a couple of budget-ish courses and a couple of nice-ish courses. Any of you have some recommendations?

We may have something that needs to withdraw due to injury but I’ll let you know for sure in the next couple of days.

Just signed up - is it too late?
I need a little NLU warm up before the NIT with da bois.

Mossed

Yeah man come on. We’re coming up on 4 tee times which will require someone to come book times with me Tuesday morning but I think our boy @maxtee said he’s going to help. Beers for him!

1 Like

okay, PM me if I need to be useless help on the administrative side.

Sorry, but will have to withdraw, as I will be going out of town. Will be there next time!
I took myself out of the spreadsheet.

Gentlemen!

Just got to Dallas for a two weeks stay for work so of course I brought my clubs despite being 14 hdcp. Would love to play with any refugees available! I’m free most weekdays after 2pm and this entire next weekend.

Shoot me a pm if you wouldn’t mind playing with a fellow golf sicko in town from Philly.

Crack on!

4 Likes

There’s a ton of recommendations in this thread if you want to go back and read through any, but here are a few public options if you’re looking to play closer to Dallas:

Budget-ish
Dallas Munis - Stevens Park, Cedar Crest, Tenison Highlands (in that order)
North of Dallas - Pecan Hollow (Plano)

Nice-ish
Old American (afternoon only on weekends), The Tribute
Texas Rangers Golf Club (haven’t played but heard good things)

I can’t really speak to anything outside of Dallas/North Dallas areas, but there are a lot of great courses around. Fort Worth has some great options as well. Just depends on where you’re staying and how far you want to drive (see Pine Dunes).

3 Likes

Thank you sir!

I’m flying into DFW and have an afternoon meeting in downtown Fort Worth.

Steven’s Park is booked. Why am I not booking Golf Club of Dallas? Sub $50 Maxwell?

Other options are Terra Verde, Waterchase, Thorntree and Hawks Creek?

Anything I should know? Anything in terrible shape or unplayable? What am I not considering?

If Stevens is booked I’d take a look at Cedar Crest. Great city of Dallas muni in an interesting neighborhood with some good downtown views.

Rockwood is just a few miles from downtown FW. Best muni in FW.

2 Likes

Is it still a tillinghast or was it completely renovated?

Also, what kind of shape is Golf Club of Dallas and Cedar Crest in? I don’t need pristine, but would rather have grass not hard pan.

I know it’s been renovated, but not certain about the degree to which it was de-ghasted.

Usually in good shape

1 Like

Can’t speak to GCD as I have not played it (yet). From what I have heard, it has lost some of its former glory due to lack of care/maintenance. I’m sure it would still be worth your time though as it’s a pretty affordable round to see a Maxwell.

I will second @McNutty though and say Cedar Crest is a fun track too. Dripping with potential for a major restovation.

Falcon head is in pretty good condition if you are looking for an alternate spot. If you need another guy for tomorrow I can get my butt there. I don’t have work tomorrow.

Man that’s one of my favorite spots. We might be late in the game for getting times at falconhead. Let’s shoot for playing there next!

Cool. You need a second person at Lions to help get that tee time?